Read Me

Admin

Guest Squirrel

Might I suggest two things to my honorable mods:

1) We need a "They're having a fight!" sub category for each of the couples. This is particularly true of some of hot-blooded Latin culture tenants. Especially today.

2) We need a section just for the RLC PETS so we can post cute pictures of them when the RLC humans gets horribly boring and CamCaps people quit being snarky and entertaining. (Hey! This works for FaceBook!  :) )

• 2 months later...

Hey Rainman, If it's the ten dollars that bothers you, it's for a worthy cause. And besides, it's probably tax deductible.

Just tell the IRS it's for therapy sessions, like with Alchoholic's Anonymous, or for drug addiction's.

"Hi,.. My name is Rainmaker 429, and I'm a Camcap's addict."

Kinda sounding stupid here but, the 'print screen' button doesn't really print the image of the screen? What does it do? Capture it to a file or something?

I'd hate to try it and have my printer start trying to print out a 20 page thread and then not respond when I try to cancel it. :P

'Print Screen' puts the whole screen into the clipboard.

Just open a program like 'Paint' and paste it.

Just make sure to use the Paint program to edit out any identifying markers or pictures that you don't want seen.

You can easily crop pictures using Paint.

If it's the ten dollars that bothers you, it's for a worthy cause. And besides, it's probably tax deductible.....

I'm Dutch, so don't part with my hard earned easily, I'd like to know what this worthy cause is and why it should cost us money, considering CC is using a free to use website and has advertising that should cover costs.

I'm a member on a similar style website that is free to use and also is hosted for free.

They don't have advertising and there are no running costs, so just wondering where the money is going.

If it's the ten dollars that bothers you, it's for a worthy cause. And besides, it's probably tax deductible.....

I'm Dutch, so don't part with my hard earned easily, I'd like to know what this worthy cause is and why it should cost us money, considering CC is using a free to use website and has advertising that should cover costs.

I'm a member on a similar style website that is free to use and also is hosted for free.

They don't have advertising and there are no running costs, so just wondering where the money is going.

I said that I would be as straightforward as I can be in the "New Membership Policy" thread so I am going to address your comment. I hope that others who share your concerns will read this as well. 

1. CamCaps is not a "free to use website". Yes the basic forum software is free, but the custom mods, themes, miscellaneous support costs, and advertising are not. 

2. This site is not hosted for free, and never has been. The site currently runs on its own virtual private server which has monthly upfront costs, in addition to bandwidth fees, backup fees, and disk space fees. Once you move out of a shared hosting environment things become a lot more expensive. We far out grew the capabilities of shared hosting. Since moving to this server we have not had any of the issues that we were having (as far as I know). 

3.  Adult oriented sites (which this is) are notoriously hard to monetize. The ads on this site generate very little income. If this were a "regular" site and I could put Google Adsense ads on here it would surely pay for itself and then some. Unfortunately, Google does not allow that, so I am left with adult ad networks that pay pennies for what would otherwise be very profitable traffic. 

4. I am still adding features and trying to improve the site. The developer that I've been working with has been out of town for the last couple of  weeks, so I've been unable to implement a few new features that I think you all will enjoy. Additionally, I am working on a few other things for the site that I am not going to mention right now. 

Good night, I need to be up in 5 hours. I hope that I have answered your questions. 

- Admin

The difference being, we don't control the world.

At least not yet my friend ;)

give us time and all of us old dudes will take over the world and then leave you alone. 8)

I mean take over as the New Gov. and leave everyone alone and not tell people how they have to live there lives like the Libtards.