Barcelona Apt. #2 - General Chat Comments, Quotes & Thanks for Pictures & Videos (Oct. 2016) #2

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

Is Hallowe'en that big for Ukrainians? It's really the US that made it big and other American countries. For us it was just all to do with apples for some reason, bobbing and ducking. The big night was November 5th when the Catholics tried to blow up Parliament so the English burned them. Of course I am descended from the west coast of Wales so I'm half witch by birth.

I dont know about other countries but the tradition of trick or treating was started here in america around the turn of the last century as a means to stop a local tradition of vandalism in a small town. A woman who was tired of her yard being damaged every year decided to throw a party and give out free treats to keep the kids off the streets thus keeping them from vandalizing and it caught on....

• Upvote 2

Becca in bed so this night could be another bust and maybe My Belle's just there because despite it not being free they seem to want maintain a weird presence in the LR. Maybe My Belle will wake Becca up at 1:00 but i'm not holding my breath now. No serious dancing from My Belle in 3 days which hasn't happened since she was in B1/B2 limbo. The even stranger thing is she's happy at the moment.