Barcelona Apt. #2 - General Chat Comments, Quotes & Thanks for Pictures & Videos (Nov. 2016) #2

1 hour ago, happyone said:

This maybe Jas problem, but I am not a phyciatrist:

Social isolation is a state of complete or near-complete lack of contact between an individual and society. It differs from loneliness, which reflects a temporary lack of contact with other humans. Social isolation can be an issue for individuals of any age, though symptoms may differ by age group.

Social isolation has similar characteristics in both temporary instances and for those with an historical lifelong isolation cycle. All types of social isolation can include staying home for lengthy periods of time, having no communication with family, acquaintances or friends, or willfully avoiding any contact with other humans when those opportunities do arise.

In a lot of ways I'm very much the same, for the last several years since I was about 26-27. Something flipped and I all but quit drinking and partying and was content to stay at home and busy myself with my beautiful wife, games and things like RLC. I do consciously avoid a lot of social outing even if it's just family or close friends, I'm just happier chilling at home outside of work. 

As long as your not a depressive person it's  a perfectly happy existence but really doesn't lend well to this type of environment, obviously.

• Upvote 1

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, happyone said:

This maybe Jas problem, but I am not a phyciatrist:

Social isolation is a state of complete or near-complete lack of contact between an individual and society. It differs from loneliness, which reflects a temporary lack of contact with other humans. Social isolation can be an issue for individuals of any age, though symptoms may differ by age group.

Social isolation has similar characteristics in both temporary instances and for those with an historical lifelong isolation cycle. All types of social isolation can include staying home for lengthy periods of time, having no communication with family, acquaintances or friends, or willfully avoiding any contact with other humans when those opportunities do arise.

If life if happening as Jasmin wants it like at a meal or watching TV then she is perfectly sociable - she has sat with the other girls for hours and takes part with no trouble. I don't think she's happy with this whole situation, the money she gets and some of Belle's behaviour.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, F219 said:

Have we met??  You have describe me very closely.  I have stayed inside at home for over 2 weeks before and have absolutely enjoyed my solitude.

I've just responded as well saying this describes me fairly well. I imagine that will be a fairly common theme around these parts :biggrin:

2 minutes ago, denizenkane said:

In a lot of ways I'm very much the same, for the last several years since I was about 26-27. Something flipped and I all but quit drinking and partying and was content to stay at home and busy myself with my beautiful wife, games and things like RLC. I do consciously avoid a lot of social outing even if it's just family or close friends, I'm just happier chilling at home outside of work. 

As long as your not a depressive person it's a person it's a perfectly happy existence but really doesn't lend well to this type of environment, obviously.

Correct.  I am just me.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, sulzer25059 said:

Melissa has been alone a lot in the last couple of days, she has not been out much since Lara left. Michelle should at least give her a chance, she is not needed at B2 tonight with Belle out.

I'm guessing Belle isn't going to be late. Or she may be there in case Belle needs her.