B1 - General Topic 2021 #54 (December)

4 minutes ago, Noldus said:

This dates back to the Soviet era, when they were not allowed to celebrate Christmas. They gave presents on New Year's Eve

What a shitty rule. Thank god i´m not from their countries. You are supposed to give presents on 24/25 december and party on 31/1! More parties=more fun. Not everything at once.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, warn1ng1005 said:

So their Christmas are on 31/1? I was saying to myself, because they are from Russia/Ukraine, they weren´t fully into Santa Claus story. So i assume they are orthodox christians.

The Orthodox Christmas is January 7th

7 minutes ago, warn1ng1005 said:

What a shitty rule. Thank god i´m not from their countries. You are supposed to give presents on 24/25 december and party on 31/1! More parties=more fun. Not everything at once.

In soviet era religion was mostly banned. 

2 minutes ago, Noldus said:

The Orthodox Christmas is January 7th

Alright. I´m not expert on post soviet countries. I was born in country that lived under communism regime couple years. So i´ve builded up some sort of repulsion to that style of ruling. 

17 minutes ago, warn1ng1005 said:

Does somebody know what happend to Mia´s german boyfriend? I´ve never seen him in this apartment. Only at penthouse apartment in B4. Is she still dating him? 

It was Lia who was engaged to him, they have separated

7 minutes ago, Noldus said:

It was Lia who was engaged to him, they have separated

Alright. So no fun at all. Or they are dating off camera. I've seen one of the twins with motorcycle helmet which i assumed was his. Are they dating someone else? I know it's hard to tell.