B4 - General Topic 2022 # 3 (January)

3 minutes ago, ddhm said:

Most of the tenants who aren’t locals , they have two phones .It is strange when most of the communication can happen with applications and also when smart phones actually don’t need the SIM cards anymore as all data is stored in the mobile and as long as you use a local SIM card , you simply have your phone operating . Always strange with the two phones .

I think Whatsapp needs your phone number to communicate with your contacts and encrypt the conversation. By changing your number all your contacts needs to ad the new number you kind of need to do a new account.

21 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

I think Whatsapp needs your phone number to communicate with your contacts and encrypt the conversation. By changing your number all your contacts needs to ad the new number you kind of need to do a new account.

I have never changed my phone number with WhatsApp , I also have the application since the first week of being available and I have interfered with the settings very few times . In general , I have traveled from 2016 to 2020 to Mexico , Thailand , Colombia , Peru and Indonesia and with an IPhone as soon as I put the local SIM card , it all worked exactly like having my original sim and from my country’s one. I remember that sometimes WhatsApp asks about setting or associating the new number but I have never done it and it was always working perfectly fine .

7 minutes ago, Noldus said:

I have a Samsung S10+ with two sim card slots. I use the second sim with prepaid data when I'm outside of EU for GPS tracing etc (= CC/RLC 😉 )

Get ready for the E-sims 😁..

• Like 1