B2 - General Topic 2022 #15 (June)

4 minutes ago, bluewinner said:

I know what you mean. but having a new phone doesn't mean they are rich, these phones are a bit pricy but they are affordable for most people. 

Maybe not, but I wonder how many of these girls have ended up with new phones when participating in the project? They're paid really well for appearing on RLC...a damn sight more than living in Russia and Ukraine....

2 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

I don't know how is in Europe but what I know in the US you obly get a discount if you buy if a plan of the phone company and I don't think that they buy with a plan.

It's the same in the UK & EU. Although it might be a little difficult to get a contract if you don't have a good credit history or a job. but I'd assume these girls earn a reasonable amount of money from their RLC job and they have some disposable income to spend. 

3 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Maybe not, but I wonder how many of these girls have ended up with new phones when participating in the project? They're paid really well for appearing on RLC...a damn sight more than living in Russia and Ukraine....

TBF many of them have their phones and/or laptops when they join, and like you said they make  good money on RLC. 

3 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

And I bet that over there is extremely expensive. The cheapest iPhone here is more than 5x the minimum wage the top tier is more than 13x.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

And I bet that over there is extremely expensive. The cheapest iPhone here is more than 5x the minimum wage the top tier is more than 13x.

Yeah, the minimum wage in the USA is about $7 which is really low, it's almost double in the EU countries, and these girls earn a lot more than minimum plus they don't pay for their accommodation. 

26 minutes ago, bluewinner said:

Yeah, the minimum wage in the USA is about $7 which is really low, it's almost double in the EU countries, and these girls earn a lot more than minimum plus they don't pay for their accommodation. 

And they get a Food Stipend every month, and some get gym memberships.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, bluewinner said:

Minimum wage in the USA is much more than $7. Where I live it's $14.25. I don't know where you live.

5 hours ago, bluewinner said:

Yeah, there are many thieves in Barcelona. 

when you come up the stairs in the main train station the security/police are yelling out to the people and certainly the classic tourist like me ,,,, old white guy $$$   ya they especcially called out to me that the pick pockets were out in force !!   

and yes they tried to  do a crowd me  move which I was able to tell them to fuck off ...

historical  street crime and pick pocketers everywhere 

So I don't know much about Spanish, I can understand some works, but I think that Luna's BF just dump her.

They are still on the phonecall that started soon after 12pm so I don't know how the conversation ended, just catching up the beginning.