Where can I escape? NZ? Australia? The Alps?

OK, it's hot as hell where I'm at, it's 50% humidity, the swamp cooler is fricken useless,  the economy sucks and the smell of smoke reminds me of the inside of my wood stove. But still, everybody and their dogs seem to think they should move here.

I know some of you are from a distant place, a place that perhaps I should visit. Speak up. Need some vacation ideas after I win the Lottery next week.

What climate are you looking for? Northern Canada has some comfortably cool weather right now.

Dude. Squirrels love Alaska. And Canada.

In the summer.

This squirrel's got some fine stories about the beauty of the landscape; the freedom in Alaska, and the hot Canadian women (who all wanted  me to take them to the land of gold and sun in exchange for, well, sexual indiscretions.)

Any ideas that are off-continent? I mean to say, after I win the Lottery next week, I'm going to see the whole world. (Except the asshole countries. They automatically kill and eat squirrels in North Korea, you know.)

Any Dutch here? Any Aussie's left? Any NZ's? Any Swiss? Any particularly beautiful women from Siberia?

50% humidity and he's bitching. Ha !!!

Come here. 80% minimum and 90O temps to go with that humidity. Now add rain every afternoon that lasts into the evening and the next day, the sun comes out and boils all of that water back up out of the ground so you can't breathe.

My prescription is to get a big glass of Grey Goose, and lay in the pool with a pair of approved flotation devices.

post-14283-145739617538_thumb.jpg

50% humidity and he's bitching. Ha !!!

Come here. 80% minimum and 90O temps to go with that humidity. Now add rain every afternoon that lasts into the evening and the next day, the sun comes out and boils all of that water back up out of the ground so you can't breathe.

My prescription is to get a big glass of Grey Goose, and lay in the pool with a pair of approved flotation devices.

That little dude has 1 pair...so since i am grown i get 2 pair like that,right?  ;)

Welp, my gator-boy friend, I don't need no flotation devices, cuz there ain't no fucking water for the goddamn pool!

Guest ww_watcher

I've been to a few places to which I'd return like south western Scotland (wet and cold year round); I'd go back and explore the castles. I prefer mountainous areas. I haven't been to the Shire in NZ but I'd go in a heartbeat. The "El Camino de Santiago" in Spain would be fun. Possibly, the Atacama Desert in Peru. And while you're there you can go visit the observatories; they have the best view of the stars on the planet (including Mauna Kea) and the weather is never a problem. If you haven't already, get to the Appalachian Trail and head north until the signs are in French. Around the McDonald observatory, in Texas, the water is so clear that if you ran it through a brita filter you'd only be dirtying the water...and they have cool star parties.