Hurricane Ian

StnCld316

Just made landfall north of Cape Coral. Everyone is waiting for the NHC to make it official. Landfall with 150 MPH winds. Yeah, you could be getting a little breeze over your way. The storm is only 450 miles in diameter.

Well, we didn't get here what the poor people got on the West Coast. The storm came in there with 155 mph winds and up to 12+' in the storm surge. The eye wall now is about 80 or so miles from me and will pass over Titusville between 8:30 and 10:30 am. I'm 5 miles south of Titusville. The night was uneventful, lots of rain, scattered squalls, but no lightning or tornados.

The electricity and Internet are still fully functional, not even a flash of the lights. It's a lot of work to prep for it all, just to have to put everything back into place. With us, it's mostly all the outdoor furniture, plants and decorations. With any luck, I'll be off the rest of the week, then we can slowly get everything cleaned up and back into place.

I'm grateful there were no damages and/or downed trees around me...yet! There is still the center of the storm to go through. The center itself is calm and quiet. I should be able to get out and get the dog walked and look up to crystal blue skies. Then the eye wall will cross over us again with instant winds in the opposing direction. It's something to experience if you never have. The radars are showing the winds to be 70-75 mph now and it will be a brief display before everything tapers off to just a nasty summer storm. Then tonight, temps in the high 60's, and noticeably lower humidity.

Now that I have every gas can full and all the cars are full, our Governor in his infinite wisdom is going to remove the $0.25 cent gas tax for some unknown to me duration. I have no clue why. It does nothing but remove funds to fix infrastructure problems. To me, it is an election season ploy to bolster his chances of getting re-elected. Whatever!