Hey Nij.

TMR1

Yeah, he freeped himself to it. No one scores 40+ negatives in one day. And there were a few days that that happened. The only way to do that is alter-egos that you use to pad your numbers.

Nij isn't near as hated as 'snaky', but you never saw 'snaky' getting massive amounts of negative karma. Or me for that matter. But I toned it down quite a bit.

Thank you raisin. And thanks to everyone that pitched in.

tbg- this is the 2nd time you've tried to make that claim. You weren't right then. You're not right now. If I did have a 2nd or 3rd account, I would have had -1000 a long time ago. And 40 in a day? Don't make things up. Snaky doesn't have massive amounts of negative karma because he doesn't ask for it like I do. And you don't have it because you don't post in the other boards a fraction as much as I do, but you used to and when you did your neg. karma used to trump eveveryone... and it did for a while. Does that mean you had multiple accounts? It doesn't? Ok then.

Sometimes, you just have to know when you're getting f'ed with.  ::)

When I first joined I went back and read many of the old threads searching for a fellow Aussie. As a result, I read many of the posts of the most frequent contributors. It was also apparent that many of the topics were the most controversial. That's an Aussie trait for sure, shit stirrer! 

It's hard to be certain because if I give someone a -karma it updates their profile so shows the progressive total, whether you are looking at their first post or their last. It does seem however, based on comments, that -karma was earned by those that tended to piss people off because they were the most controversial, right or wrong I'm not judging. People got them because they earned / deserved (?) them.

Even in the short time I've been around, people seem to have decided there is merit in having the most -karma so now some contributors seem to be asking for them whether or not they have earned / deserved (?) them or they are being given to people as a means to boost their credibility, for whatever reason.

I think the old way was the best way, you got them because you earned / deserved them!

Sometimes, you just have to know when you're getting f'ed with.  ::)

When I first joined I went back and read many of the old threads searching for a fellow Aussie. As a result, I read many of the posts of the most frequent contributors. It was also apparent that many of the topics were the most controversial. That's an Aussie trait for sure, shit stirrer! 

It's hard to be certain because if I give someone a -karma it updates their profile so shows the progressive total, whether you are looking at their first post or their last. It does seem however, based on comments, that -karma was earned by those that tended to piss people off because they were the most controversial, right or wrong I'm not judging. People got them because they earned / deserved (?) them.

Even in the short time I've been around, people seem to have decided there is merit in having the most -karma so now some contributors seem to be asking for them whether or not they have earned / deserved (?) them or they are being given to people as a means to boost their credibility, for whatever reason.

I think the old way was the best way, you got them because you earned / deserved them!

If you piss them off you'll get a +. If you make them laugh or give them something to fap to you'll get a -.  Kind of backwards but hey, no one is perfect.

Negative karma points are nice I suppose.  As they do speak volumes as to one's character in many ways.  But it's like I've said before.  It's not until you start to receive actual death threats that you can truly go to bed feeling satisfied with yourself.

People such as TBG and myself, were like a couple of old sea dogs back then, traversing the great unknown and often doing battle with some of the indigenous savages of far off lands.  Things I still reminiscence over fondly at times with a lump in my throat.    Remember that mysterious Ukrainian bitch, 'Shadow'?  Oh what a time that was.

Anyway, Whenever you might see from time to time one of those old model ships stuck away inside of an empty Scotch or Vodka bottle my friends, do think kindly upon us.    Especially now as my current ship seems to be listing a little bit. 

I have presented every poster in this thread an award of honor.  8) Not that any of you cheap bastards really deserve it, of course... ;)

(For all you newbies: The Karma system was originally the same standard software module that comes with most boards -- even Yahoo answers uses a form of it. However, trolls were gaming it to the point that it was irrelevant and useless. An esteemed CC member, may God rest his soul, complained about in a thread about 11 months ago. He was right. We all knew he was right, and the game was on! I'd find the link for you, but I'm too lazy.)

Can I get a -1 for the history lesson? Huh guys? Please? I'm lagging behind here.

I have presented every poster in this thread an award of honor.  8) Not that any of you cheap bastards really deserve it, of course... ;)

(For all you newbies: The Karma system was originally the same standard software module that comes with most boards -- even Yahoo answers uses a form of it. However, trolls were gaming it to the point that it was irrelevant and useless. An esteemed CC member, may God rest his soul, complained about in a thread about 11 months ago. He was right. We all knew he was right, and the game was on! I'd find the link for you, but I'm too lazy.)

Can I get a -1 for the history lesson? Huh guys? Please? I'm lagging behind here.

OK  -1 just as you asked. 

LOL You'll have to wait an hour before I can give you another.

What does it take to get negative karma around here..I've barely got over 300 guess I'm gonna have to start being a major asshole..My new goal is to surpass Nij by any means necessary . Muuhahaaa.

Fuck you all you wankers. ;D