I like the cat

Anyone else notice that there's a turtle crawling around the living room floor? wth?

Yes I just saw the tortoise a moment again, crawling around near the sofa whilst the female friend was asleep with her arse out.

It shouldn't be crawling around freely like that. One the cat will end up clawing its eye out, and two it will end up getting stepped upon at some point, and just die under a cupboard or something  :-\

(My first post, and a happy one at that  :P )

It is not a Turtle it is a Tortoise.

Here is the definition between Turtles, Tortoise and Terrapins.

Turtle— Spends most of its life in the water. Turtles tend to have webbed feet for swimming. Sea turtles (Cheloniidae family) are especially adapted for an aquatic life, with long feet that form flippers and a streamlined body shape. They rarely leave the ocean, except when the females come ashore to lay their eggs, although some species, such as the green sea turtle, do come out on reefs and beaches to bask. Other turtles live in fresh water, like ponds and lakes. They swim, but they also climb out onto banks, logs, or rocks to bask in the sun. In cold weather, they may burrow into the mud, where they go into torpor until spring brings warm weather again.

Tortoise— A land-dweller that eats low-growing shrubs, grasses, and even cactus. Tortoises do not have webbed feet; their feet are round and stumpy for walking on land. Tortoises that live in hot, dry habitats use their strong forelimbs to dig burrows. Then, when it’s too hot in the sun, they slip underground.

Terrapin— Spends its time both on land and in water, but it always lives near water, along rivers, ponds, and lakes. Terrapins are often found in brackish, swampy areas. The word “terrapin” comes from an Algonquian word for turtle.

And I am sure the cat is thinking "How do I get that tasty little morsel out of that hard shell!!".  :-\

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...