gun?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And hope that you're faster to the draw then the punk that tries to mug you, he will most likely also be armed due to easy access to guns.  It's just like the Wild West, that isn't progress.

The US murder rate per 100,000 is 14,000 odd,  Russia, 13,000 odd.  Those figures are crazy. 14 people in every 100 were  murdered in 2012.  In France it is 600 odd, 600 odd in Britain too. 0.6 in every 100.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Where are guns freely available? Russia and the US. There is a direct correlation here that says a culture that embraces guns and makes them available to ordinary citizens has a higher murder rate.  Why?  Because the punks that mug you think you've probably got a gun to protect yourself, so they naturally want to stab, brain, strangle or shoot you before you have a chance to use it.

Fuck that, that's me reading wikipedia incorrectly. that's the sum total for that year!! I couldn't see how 14% of Americans are murdered each year could be right!!

But here is the total number of reported gun homicide deaths in the US, 2012 8,896.

Of 14,000 murders, 9,000 were the result of a gun used as the weapon.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/united-states

So in Russia, they had three times the murder rate as America when the comparison was done. So based on that equation, of a possible 20,535  murders, none of them were committed with a gun.

I put the other country's figures for an idea of what's happening in some other countries.  I choose countries that are players on the world stage, that meant leaving out Australia mate. 

Your repeated attempts to sidestep the figures that don't support your confirmation biased warped thinking are pathetic. As is your juvenile attempt at fudging the figures. 3 time the total murder rate in Russia compared to America's gun only murder rate???  Nice try Princess.

But here is the total number of reported gun homicide deaths in the US, 2012 8,896.

Mate, you've come up for air again haven't you. It's not 3 times the American count, actual murders or gun murders. It's based on the rate per 100,000. So it becomes 3 times the comparison rate, based on the period the comparisons were made. I'm not going to give you a maths lesson.

I kept it to the lowest year and very conservative as the figure is greater than that, but at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. The fact is whether there were 20,000 or 30,000 or 50,000 deaths  none of them were murdered with a gun.

As for choosing countries on the world stage so leaving out Australia, I didn't even quote figures from Australia, I used Russia. Russia is not a key player on the world stage?

Also, if you could actually understand my post, I stated that all the figures proved was there was no correlation between owning or not owning guns and no simple fix that works for everyone. Some countries with guns had high murder rates and some had very low. Whereas the opposite was also applicable. Due you need a lesson in English as well, or is it my Australian accent that confuses you?

You just don't get it, or you do but you're pretending not to. Either way, you're a cunt, don't ever let anyone tell you anything different.

And hope that you're faster to the draw then the punk that tries to mug you, he will most likely also be armed due to easy access to guns.  It's just like the Wild West, that isn't progress.

The US murder rate per 100,000 is 14,000 odd,  Russia, 13,000 odd.  Those figures are crazy. 14 people in every 100 were  murdered in 2012.  In France it is 600 odd, 600 odd in Britain too. 0.6 in every 100.

Where are guns freely available? Russia and the US. There is a direct correlation here that says a culture that embraces guns and makes them available to ordinary citizens has a higher murder rate.  Why?  Because the punks that mug you think you've probably got a gun to protect yourself, so they naturally want to stab, brain, strangle or shoot you before you have a chance to use it.

Fuck that, that's me reading wikipedia incorrectly. that's the sum total for that year!! I couldn't see how 14% of Americans are murdered each year could be right!!

So in Russia, they had three times the murder rate as America when the comparison was done. So based on that equation, of a possible 20,535  murders, none of them were committed with a gun.

I put the other country's figures for an idea of what's happening in some other countries.  I choose countries that are players on the world stage, that meant leaving out Australia mate. 

Your repeated attempts to sidestep the figures that don't support your confirmation biased warped thinking are pathetic. As is your juvenile attempt at fudging the figures. 3 time the total murder rate in Russia compared to America's gun only murder rate???  Nice try Princess.

Mate, you've come up for air again haven't you. It's not 3 times the American count, actual murders or gun murders. It's based on the rate per 100,000. So it becomes 3 times the comparison rate, based on the period the comparisons were made. I'm not going to give you a maths lesson.

I kept it to the lowest year and very conservative as the figure is greater than that, but at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. The fact is whether there were 20,000 or 30,000 or 50,000 deaths  none of them were murdered with a gun.

As for choosing countries on the world stage so leaving out Australia, I didn't even quote figures from Australia, I used Russia. Russia is not a key player on the world stage?

Also, if you could actually understand my post, I stated that all the figures proved was there was no correlation between owning or not owning guns and no simple fix that works for everyone. Some countries with guns had high murder rates and some had very low. Whereas the opposite was also applicable. Due you need a lesson in English as well, or is it my Australian accent that confuses you?

You just don't get it, or you do but you're pretending not to. Either way, you're a cunt, don't ever let anyone tell you anything different.

Game, set and match.

Game, set and match.

?????

It's all there above.  I'm not going to explain the figures to you, you somehow take that as winning? That goes pretty much back to what I said earlier, you bore the fuck out of every thread you post in.  I'll add also to that, that you are obviously a willfully ignorant cunt, which is why pretty much nobody responds to anything you post except to be polite.

Game, set and match?  Pull the other one Soldier Queer.

It's all there above.  I'm not going to explain the figures to you, you somehow take that as winning? That goes pretty much back to what I said earlier, you bore the fuck out of every thread you post in.  I'll add also to that, that you are obviously a willfully ignorant cunt, which is why pretty much nobody responds to anything you post except to be polite.

So, you worked it out. That didn't take long.

And how many responses from you is that, 12 or 13?

I see you've reverted to childish insults again.

Why not, seeing as you think willful ignorance is  a valid tactic.  I'll respond to you whenever I can mate, at least until I start feeling some sympathy for the logical knots you tie yourself up in and get bored.

Why not, seeing as you think willful ignorance is  a valid tactic.  I'll respond to you whenever I can mate, at least until I start feeling some sympathy for the logical knots you tie yourself up in and get bored.

Looking forward to it. Try and get some accurate facts and figures though, makes it more interesting.

The stupidity of all this is that in amongst my posts I have taken the position of devil's advocate. Although I do not believe in gun control, do not believe that gun ownership increases crime, I have provided facts and figures that could support both sides of the argument. It then comes down to personal choice. The trouble is you just read the bits you want to read, leave out the facts that in actual fact, could support your argument just as strongly as mine, so obviously what's left is a distortion of the facts and the truth.