gun?

How much bullshit I've read since my last post here, where I was suggesting you abandon your weapons. It is hardly believable. Wake up guys, time cowboys and Indians is over. Imagine that America is not the only country where families can be attacked and there is no more death with us than with you, even unarmed. You just remember that if we do not have weapons to defend our family (wonderful argument :FAMILY, CHILDREN, ...) deranged assailants have none either. And then ask yourself: Why do you have so much violence in the streets ? I have never seen so much misery in a modern country than in the USA opposite wealth. Pay the work a little better and you will have fewer perpetrators. So you will not need a firearm. As for lecturing to old Europe, do not forget the guys that your ancestors, for the most part come from there.

Finally, you have no idea what liberalism is in Europe. You confuse with freedom and remember that modern countries have abolished the death penalty... There are other solutions than kill people.

And thank you to those who have stood by my side. All is not lost

PS) As nothing happens here, it was necessary to maintain the buzz...      ;)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just remember that if we do not have weapons to defend our family (wonderful argument :FAMILY, CHILDREN, ...) deranged assailants have none either.

Great argument except for the fact that it's bullshit.

First, let's look at the relationship between gun laws and violence in general.

The former Soviet Union's extremely stringent gun controls, successfully implemented and enforced by a police state, did not keep the nation, and successor states like Russia, from posting murder rates from 1965-1999 that far outstripped the rest of the developed world [sources: Kates and Mauser; Kessler; Pridemore; Pridemore]. The killers in question did not obtain illegal firearms -- they simply employed other weapons [source: Kleck].

Yep, they simply used other weapons!

In the 1960s and early 1970s, murders committed by Soviet citizens -- again, almost entirely without guns -- equaled or surpassed the lives taken violently in the gun-saturated United States. By the early 1990s, the murder rate in Russia trebled the American rate, which had by then leveled off, then dropped significantly (more on that later) [sources: Kates and Mauser; Pridemore; Pridemore].

What, without guns they managed to treble the American murder rate, while the American rate was dropping off.

On the other hand, Norway, Finland, Germany, France and Denmark, all countries with heavy gun ownership, posted low murder rates in the early 2000s compared to "gun-light" developed nations. In 2002, for example, Germany's murder rate was one-ninth that of Luxembourg, where the law prohibits civilian ownership of handguns and gun ownership is rare [source: Kates and Mauser].

So, countries with heavy gun ownership had lower murder rates!

Statistics within countries paint a similar picture: Areas of higher gun ownership rates correlate with areas of lower rates of violent crime, and areas with strict gun laws correlate with areas high in violent crime [source: Malcolm].

So, more guns less crime, less guns, more crime. But how can that be possible?

You just remember that if we do not have weapons to defend our family (wonderful argument :FAMILY, CHILDREN, ...) deranged assailants have none either.

Great argument except for the fact that it's bullshit.

First, let's look at the relationship between gun laws and violence in general.

The former Soviet Union's extremely stringent gun controls, successfully implemented and enforced by a police state, did not keep the nation, and successor states like Russia, from posting murder rates from 1965-1999 that far outstripped the rest of the developed world [sources: Kates and Mauser; Kessler; Pridemore; Pridemore]. The killers in question did not obtain illegal firearms -- they simply employed other weapons [source: Kleck].

Yep, they simply used other weapons!

In the 1960s and early 1970s, murders committed by Soviet citizens -- again, almost entirely without guns -- equaled or surpassed the lives taken violently in the gun-saturated United States. By the early 1990s, the murder rate in Russia trebled the American rate, which had by then leveled off, then dropped significantly (more on that later) [sources: Kates and Mauser; Pridemore; Pridemore].

What, without guns they managed to treble the American murder rate, while the American rate was dropping off.

On the other hand, Norway, Finland, Germany, France and Denmark, all countries with heavy gun ownership, posted low murder rates in the early 2000s compared to "gun-light" developed nations. In 2002, for example, Germany's murder rate was one-ninth that of Luxembourg, where the law prohibits civilian ownership of handguns and gun ownership is rare [source: Kates and Mauser].

So, countries with heavy gun ownership had lower murder rates!

Statistics within countries paint a similar picture: Areas of higher gun ownership rates correlate with areas of lower rates of violent crime, and areas with strict gun laws correlate with areas high in violent crime [source: Malcolm].

So, more guns less crime, less guns, more crime. But how can that be possible?

"Un Français a 50 fois moins de chances d’être tué par arme à feu qu’un Américain, si l’on en croit les statistiques de l’Office des Nations Unies contre la Drogue et le Crime.

Les chiffres des homicides par arme à feu sont éloquents. Aux Etats-Unis, ils s’élevaient à 9.149 en 2011, soit 2,97 pour 100.000 habitants. En France, on dénombrait 35 cas la même année, soit 0,06 pour 100.000 habitants"...

"A French 50 times less likely to be killed by gun an American, if you believe the statistics of the United Nations Office against Drugs and Crime.

Homicide by firearm speak for themselves. In the United States, they were 9,149 in 2011, or 2.97 per 100,000. In France, the same year there were 35 cases, or 0.06 per 100,000"...

extrait from

http://frenchmorning.com/un-francais-a-50-fois-moins-de-chances-detre-tue-par-arme-a-feu-quun-americain/#

No comment...

Aubrey: "I know,  let's ask an Australian for their valued and informed opinion on global politics!",  said absolutely no one,  at any time, ever.

Mate, I'd keep my head buried in the sand if I were you, or is that your arse, because every time you pull it out and open your mouth, you continue to prove how totally ignorant you are.

Australia is a founding member of the UN and played an important role in drafting the UN Charter and sits on the Security Council. I'm not going to bother listing all the other initiatives Australia has been and is involved in world wide, you are obviously not interested anyway because that sort of knowledge simply defeats your argument.

All you need to create your do-it-yourself tyrannical government is here:

Take away:

Citizens' right to defend themselves.

Citizens' right to control their health, and therefore their life.

Citizens' right to speak and publish their thoughts freely.

Citizens' right to have their own Faith.

Many Americans still understand that these rights are not given by the government in the first place; therefore they cannot be taken away by the government. And as long as they have an immutable right to bear arms, the citizens will be able to retain their rightful sovereignty over the government they created.

Remember, it is governments, not free men, that have killed the most people throughout the centuries.

Aubrey: "I know,  let's ask an Australian for their valued and informed opinion on global politics!",  said absolutely no one,  at any time, ever.

Mate, I'd keep my head buried in the sand if I were you, or is that your arse, because every time you pull it out and open your mouth, you continue to prove how totally ignorant you are.

Australia is a founding member of the UN and played an important role in drafting the UN Charter and sits on the Security Council. I'm not going to bother listing all the other initiatives Australia has been and is involved in world wide, you are obviously not interested anyway because that sort of knowledge simply defeats your argument.

A founding member? Well done Stralia, you and 51 other countries, but yeah, welcome to the party though, take a seat at the back there, ok.

An important role in drafting the charter? Hmm, a role maybe, as Australia was at the table granted.  Whatever input Australia may or may not have had is moot anyway as the charter in its final form was always subject to ratification by the Great Powers: China, France, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Pirate/Ozioziwtf, the keyboard warrior with small man syndrome.  Go home Australia, you're drunk.

A founding member? Well done Stralia, you and 51 other countries, but yeah, welcome to the party though, take a seat at the back there, ok.

An important role in drafting the charter? Hmm, a role maybe, as Australia was at the table granted.  Whatever input Australia may or may not have had is moot anyway as the charter in its final form was always subject to ratification by the Great Powers: China, France, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Pirate/Ozioziwtf, the keyboard warrior with small man syndrome.  Go home Australia, you're drunk.

You really have a thing about Pirate! Not sure how many previous members of CC get so many mentions after they've left, quite an honour, although because it's only you, I wouldn't be too excited if I were him.

Did he intimidate you that much? Maybe he reminds you of the man you really want to be but never will? Or maybe you get a bit of a hard on every time you think of him? Yuk.

Not all Aussies are Pirates and it's not unusual for such a small, puny country, to have people with a bit of a polarised viewpoint of the world, particularly when we can sit back here and watch how you and your like are fucking up the place. He's still a serving member from what I can work out, like to think I may have served with him. I mean, such a small puny country could only have a small puny army, so there can't be that many of us. So all respect and gratitude to him for his service, more than you've ever done I bet. Besides, for such a small puny army, we certainly pack a punch and are always in demand by the Yanks, the Canadians and yes, the Brits. Guess who trains your special forces.

Anyway, I don't need to justify him, myself or my country to a prick like you. You can try and live off the reputation created by you great grandparents, ours is being created by the current generation. Great power? The UK? Open yours eyes mate, you are being overtaken by so called third world countries for that title. You can't even manage the people you've got. Scotland isn't trying to leave because they don't like the Welsh and Irish!

You really have a thing about Pirate! Not sure how many previous members of CC get so many mentions after they've left, quite an honour, although because it's only you, I wouldn't be too excited if I were him.

Did he intimidate you that much? Maybe he reminds you of the man you really want to be but never will? Or maybe you get a bit of a hard on every time you think of him? Yuk.

Not all Aussies are Pirates and it's not unusual for such a small, puny country, to have people with a bit of a polarised viewpoint of the world, particularly when we can sit back here and watch how you and your like are fucking up the place. He's still a serving member from what I can work out, like to think I may have served with him. I mean, such a small puny country could only have a small puny army, so there can't be that many of us. So all respect and gratitude to him for his service, more than you've ever done I bet. Besides, for such a small puny army, we certainly pack a punch and are always in demand by the Yanks, the Canadians and yes, the Brits. Guess who trains your special forces.

Anyway, I don't need to justify him, myself or my country to a prick like you. You can try and live off the reputation created by you great grandparents, ours is being created by the current generation. Great power? The UK? Open yours eyes mate, you are being overtaken by so called third world countries for that title. You can't even manage the people you've got. Scotland isn't trying to leave because they don't like the Welsh and Irish!

"Besides, for such a small puny army, we certainly pack a punch", well done for making your armed forces sound like the drippiest bunch of fags going.

Say what you like about Great Britain, and I'll repeat "I know,  let's ask an Australian for their valued and informed opinion on global politics!",  said absolutely no one,  at any time, ever.

Pirate/Ozioziwtf, look up and read about the Napeoleon Complex  - describes you perfectly.

Then look up "most likely to kill a forum thread by boring the living fuck out of everyone", I'm sure there'll be a picture of you there too mate.