Question... ?

rzkjr1

15 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Just click the box 'Start new topic'. If you are using a phone, the layout might be different. A phone person will need to answer that one.

I'm using a desktop computer.  I don't see a 'Start new topic' anywhere.  Let me look harder.  I remember someone explaining it to me several months ago.  I just gave up at the time, because I wasn't able to find it.  I'll keep this information this time, so I can eventually find it, I hope.

1 minute ago, moos54 said:

I have a question, how did you create this thread? it's exactly the same thing in the end

I went to Create and chose a topic under Select Forum but didn't see what I saw in the other posts called General Discussion in the list. I just saw Random Discussion under Select Forum.  I was only asking because someone several months ago told me to just follow the topics and I usually do.  I was just looking for the General Discussion to try to keep it with what I've seen in most of the forum.

On 1/16/2023 at 10:53 AM, rzkjr1 said:

I went to Create and chose a topic under Select Forum but didn't see what I saw in the other posts called General Discussion in the list. I just saw Random Discussion under Select Forum.  I was only asking because someone several months ago told me to just follow the topics and I usually do.  I was just looking for the General Discussion to try to keep it with what I've seen in most of the forum.

Congrats. You already started a new topic called "Question...?"

General Discussion is not a topic. It's more like a board, or a Full-on Forum. "Random Discussion" is one of it's features: a sub-forum. Topics can be created within a sub-forum using the "Start New Topic" button. It's one of those nested things like web page names like "Forum>Bert&Ernie's House>/hilarious perversions>basement/unsafeforwork/disgusting."

Any other questions or problems message me and I'll try to help or get you someone who can. I don't understand a bunch of this forum stuff either, but StnCld owes me a few favors for my contributions to the topic "Naked Canadian Girls in the Snow". :biggrin:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Congrats. You already started a new topic called "Question...?"

General Discussion is not a topic. It's more like a board, or a Full-on Forum. "Random Discussion" is one of it's features: a sub-forum. Topics can be created within a sub-forum using the "Start New Topic" button. It's one of those nested things like web page names like "Forum>Bert&Ernie's House>/hilarious perversions>basement/unsafeforwork/disgusting."

Any other questions or problems message me and I'll try to help or get you someone who can. I don't understand a bunch of this forum stuff either, but StnCld owes me a few favors for my contributions to the topic "Naked Canadian Girls in the Snow". :biggrin:

Okay, thanks.  I've copied this to my Camcaps notes, so I can try and figure it out better the next time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

You'll get it. If I can do it, anyone can. I'm almost a total tech idiot.

I'm sure I will this time from the notes I've taken.  I'm a perfectionist on certain things like when I'm typing most of the time, although I know I'm really not that good at it.

11 hours ago, rzkjr1 said:

I'm sure I will this time from the notes I've taken.  I'm a perfectionist on certain things like when I'm typing most of the time, although I know I'm really not that good at it.

This set-up can be confusing. For learners who are graphically oriented (meaning they prefer to SEE things like tits and ass), I have added a graphic explanation. The underlined blue is the FORUM NAME. Only god-like powers (only the Admin and Forum Admin) can alter these. The sub-forum is highlighted in yellow. A member can add a topic to these. The black circle is where you click to create a topic. Hope this helps. I fumble around with this sort of stuff myself.

explanation.JPG

• Like 1