Windows 10

JoJoGunne

Windows 10 (Windows Technical Preview)

http://www.maximumpc.com/try_out_microsofts_windows_10_technical_preview_today_2014

Anyone here dare to take the risk, download this thing and try it out?

I have.

I like it.

Microsoft will generally have a free download trial version directly from their site if it's available.

If it comes from a Third Party at this stage more than likely a fake and mess up your computer.

The Maximum PC link I gave is for an article about the preview.  In that article is the link to the MS page to get started on the Windows Technical Preview.

Here it is:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm...

I thought I'd bring this to the attention of anyone who is or is considering checking out the WTP.

Is Microsoft watching your every move on the recently-released Windows 10 Technical Preview? That may be the case thanks to portions of Microsoft's privacy policy, which indicates that the company is using a keylogger, among other methods, to obtain information about the software's performance. This is likely one of the reasons why Microsoft insists that Windows Technical Preview not be installed on computers that are used every day.

"When you acquire, install and use the Program, Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks," the privacy policy stated. "Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data; and application usage."

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/microsoft-windows-technical-preview-data,27816.html

Windows 10 (Windows Technical Preview)

http://www.maximumpc.com/try_out_microsofts_windows_10_technical_preview_today_2014

Anyone here dare to take the risk, download this thing and try it out?

I have.

I like it.

Microsoft will generally have a free download trial version directly from their site if it's available.

If it comes from a Third Party at this stage more than likely a fake and mess up your computer.

The Maximum PC link I gave is for an article about the preview.  In that article is the link to the MS page to get started on the Windows Technical Preview.

Here it is:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview

Ok thanks.  I'll give it a try and see what happens.

I have a spare hard drive that I can put in and try it without affecting my current drive I am on now.

If I don't like it I'll just unplug the drive and plug the one I am using now back in.

It's a big file almost 4 GB ISO. should be downloaded in about 1/2 hour.

For Parallels VM:

Clone (U can find Clone command in File menu of Parallels Desktop) ur existing Windows, download the ISO file from Microsoft, copy it to a USB Flash, Run ur Cloned windows in Parallels, Double click the ISO file in Flash Memory, Run Setup.exe and follow the instructions...

All I can say to that is....HUH?

I need to buy a cheapie computer to experiment with. I'm still learning 8.1 and probably only use 10% of it's capabilities.

No u dont need to buy anything, u can install it on to another partition or install it on another harddisk...And keep using Win8 and 10 at the same PC no need to buy anything

Windows 10 now installed.

Works great. Certainly a lot better than Windows 8 and 8.1.

Installed from start to finish in 12 minutes. All my app's work with my Windows 7 drivers with no known issues at the present time.

This could be Microsoft's best OS yet. Works like a charm.

A little different than what I was currently using but I can get used to this one quick.

Can't seem to find how long the evaluation is for but I am sure it's like most others 180 days which makes it about 6 months.

Installed from start to finish in 12 minutes. All my app's work with my Windows 7 drivers with no known issues at the present time.

A little different than what I was currently using but I can get used to this one quick.

Can't seem to find how long the evaluation is for but I am sure it's like most others 180 days which makes it about 6 months.

From what I understand...I could be wrong, though...this will last till they release their consumer preview.  That should be sometime early next year.  Later, in 2015, will be the full release.

I like Win10, too.  But what I'm really looking forward to is Cortana.  That's rumored to be part of Win10.  I'm hoping they put it into either the WTP consumer preview.

From what I understand...I could be wrong, though...this will last till they release their consumer preview.  That should be sometime early next year.  Later, in 2015, will be the full release.

I like Win10, too.  But what I'm really looking forward to is Cortana.  That's rumored to be part of Win10.  I'm hoping they put it into either the WTP consumer preview.

I'll definitely keep using it till it runs out. When retail comes they'll score about $400 per disk but I'll keep an eye on Bit Torrent when the Official Retail is released.

Every time a new version is released, I get offers from Microsloth to update to the newer version, usually for $30USD. That offer is usually good for only a week or so, then the price shoots to the moon.

like he said Huh.  I have read how too's but I get lost after the first word.  Anyone Know of a video that goes step by step.

My How to s r for Mac users who has paralles desktop virtual machine, it is not for windows users..

Windows users will simply click setup to upgrade but it is not recomended cause its a very early version. Dont upgrade ur exsisting windows just set it up on another patition...