Jade & Alberto (2024) #2

6 hours ago, moules said:

There is and was a language barrier.  Alberto speaks rudimentary English.  Not so for Martina.  And Martina was also learning Russian.

Around the time that Martina and Alberto separated, a CC poster described an overheard conversation between Alberto and his mother.  Both he and Martina had just arrived at the new apartment.  Alberto promised his mother he would go to a trade school to learn a new skill.  IIRC, he mentioned becoming an automobile mechanic, or a chef.  He never did.  Either he lacked ambition, or such trades would be difficult for him to master.  So now he has a job where he prunes shrubs and cuts grass.

He and Kos and Karol have little in common, and even less to talk about, especially if there is a language barrier.

I sometimes think that RLC leased or owned Karol and Kos' apartment  before they moved in as tenants.  More specifically, when Nelly and Bogdan moved out of B-5, they first moved to an off-cam apartment before eventually moving to B-4 and then B-7 when that villa opened.  If that off-cam apartment was the apartment that Karol and Kos now occupy, that could explain the amorous friendship of Martina and Nelly.

Thanks moules. That might certainly explain some things...especially the situation between Martina and Nelly. I do have a question though. It was my observation that Martina could speak reasonable English as I recall her talking to someone in English either involving her schooling or employment...seemed like some type of phone interview. Any ideas on that?

3 hours ago, DWI said:

Thanks moules. That might certainly explain some things...especially the situation between Martina and Nelly. I do have a question though. It was my observation that Martina could speak reasonable English as I recall her talking to someone in English either involving her schooling or employment...seemed like some type of phone interview. Any ideas on that?

I recall that Martina was studying for a degree or certificate in tourism / hospitality or something similar, and she had to achieve proficiency in Spanish, Catalan, and I believe English.  I presume different levels of proficiency for each.  This was about the time that she was also learning to speak Russian, because of her friendship with Bogdan and Martina. 

Without having heard Martina's conversation over the phone, I will observe that people who achieve a certain level of fluency in a language other than their native language can often dial up or dial down that fluency depending on the fluency of the persons they are talking to.

I recall listening to Daytona talking to a guest in the B-4 kitchen, where the audio is quite good.  This guest was speaking English with almost native fluency.  Daytona's English fluency was very high, and he was very comfortable speaking it.  He was speaking idiomatic English.

I concluded at the time that he had acquired his proficiency at a university.  If Daytona was speaking English with Nadia or Dayana, I would expect him to dial down his English language fluency, and not speak in idiomatic English.

------------------

One other observation from the past.  After B&N moved out of B-5 to their off-cam apartment, Alex and Lucien replaced them.  After they moved out, N&B would regularly visit B-5.  Kim often was there as well.  If Martina's and Alberto's apartment building is reasonably close to the B-5 apartment building,  that may explain the frequency of these visits.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, moules said:

I recall that Martina was studying for a degree or certificate in tourism / hospitality or something similar, and she had to achieve proficiency in Spanish, Catalan, and I believe English.  I presume different levels of proficiency for each.  This was about the time that she was also learning to speak Russian, because of her friendship with Bogdan and Martina. 

Without having heard Martina's conversation over the phone, I will observe that people who achieve a certain level of fluency in a language other than their native language can often dial up or dial down that fluency depending on the fluency of the persons they are talking to.

I recall listening to Daytona talking to a guest in the B-4 kitchen, where the audio is quite good.  This guest was speaking English with almost native fluency.  Daytona's English fluency was very high, and he was very comfortable speaking it.  He was speaking idiomatic English.

I concluded at the time that he had acquired his proficiency at a university.  If Daytona was speaking English with Nadia or Dayana, I would expect him to dial down his English language fluency, and not speak in idiomatic English.

------------------

One other observation from the past.  After B&N moved out of B-5 to their off-cam apartment, Alex and Lucien replaced them.  After they moved out, N&B would regularly visit B-5.  Kim often was there as well.  If Martina's and Alberto's apartment building is reasonably close to the B-5 apartment building,  that may explain the frequency of these visits.

Thanks so much for the clarity.

On 7/26/2024 at 1:34 AM, moules said:

------------------

Nice summary, only two things to add. Martina also speaks some french and the off cam apartment which you mentioned is not in this building, it is a bit away.

19 hours ago, Adalbert said:

Nice summary, only two things to add. Martina also speaks some french and the off cam apartment which you mentioned is not in this building, it is a bit away.

Thanks Alberto

On 7/23/2024 at 5:33 PM, itohkata said:

That would leave me speechless if she came back. But since they changed her return date, I'm ready to be speechless. 

And if she does, I'm gonna be stuck to that bathroom to see how she manages to look at herself in the mirror, because right now, that's a mystery to me. 

Alright, so I'm officially speechless.

I think I'm jealous actually, that some people live in a world where it is ok for a dude to fingerbang (at the very least) the sister of his girlfriend. Now that I think of it, at least it stays in the family...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, itohkata said:

Alright, so I'm officially speechless.

I think I'm jealous actually, that some people live in a world where it is ok for a dude to fingerbang (at the very least) the sister of his girlfriend. Now that I think of it, at least it stays in the family...

He may have learned a lesson from Martina about having multiple sex partners... He was the one left out last time... and it's obvious his relationship with the sisters is just financial and nothing meaningful...

And they are fucking already, so how can this be taken seriously - Has anyone here known of a guy who is offered and takes his girlfriend's sister as a surrogate whilst she goes on holiday, and no one involved seems to think anything is weird about it? It's one of rlc's fantasy worlds.

13 minutes ago, chogdad said:

And they are fucking already, so how can this be taken seriously - Has anyone here known of a guy who is offered and takes his girlfriend's sister as a surrogate whilst she goes on holiday, and no one involved seems to think anything is weird about it? It's one of rlc's fantasy worlds.

He's probably telling her everything he did with her sister.

6 minutes ago, NoOneSpecial said:

He's probably telling her everything he did with her sister.

It's at a point where I can't rule that out, and even think you might be right.