time zone

I couldn't agree more Squirrel.

Moving the clocks each Spring and Autumn is beyond madness. In the UK we punish our people by making sure it is daylight at 4am when everyone is asleep and that it is dark when everyone is awake and ready to enjoy the long summer bright nights!

We make sure we kill our people who have more accidents caused by bad visibility during the school run. Kids get killed as accidents rise during darkness. Dark mornings do not have the same result. (proven facts!).

Commerce is discouraged by keeping night time dark. Many hours of daylight are lost as early morning sun is missed.

London is nearer to Paris than it is to Glasgow but the 55 million English are forced to suffer a different time zone to the rest of Europe to please the 5 million Scots. Democracy works well in the UK. It means the fucking Scots have more control over English issues than they democratically should have. I digress!!

The UK should have double Summer Time moving 2 hours ahead of GMT and then staying there for the whole year. We did this during the war so it is not new.

I rant about altering the clocks every time it happens. British stupidity is unsurpassed!!!

Moving the clocks each Spring and Autumn is beyond madness. In the UK we punish our people by making sure it is daylight at 4am when everyone is asleep and that it is dark when everyone is awake and ready to enjoy the long summer bright nights!

We make sure we kill our people who have more accidents caused by bad visibility during the school run. Kids get killed as accidents rise during darkness. Dark mornings do not have the same result. (proven facts!).

Commerce is discouraged by keeping night time dark. Many hours of daylight are lost as early morning sun is missed.

London is nearer to Paris than it is to Glasgow but the 55 million English are forced to suffer a different time zone to the rest of Europe to please the 5 million Scots. Democracy works well in the UK. It means the fucking Scots have more control over English issues than they democratically should have. I digress!!

The UK should have double Summer Time moving 2 hours ahead of GMT and then staying there for the whole year. We did this during the war so it is not new.

I rant about altering the clocks every time it happens. British stupidity is unsurpassed!!!

Honestly, I didn't want to derail the subject, we Americans were built by rails and steam. And See appears to be correct, but it will possibly change next year when Putin fails to wrestle the next polar bear. The next Russian administration, which will also be authoritarian, will probably change the time change back.

As for your comments about "British stupidity," we Yanks rather appreciated it after 1812. Nobody fucked with us. Or Texas. Piracy was eliminated, and commerce flourished thanks to the Royal Navy. We dealt with building a nation that was big. The railroad helped.

And regarding your comment : "London is nearer to Paris than it is to Glasgow but the 55 million English are forced to suffer a different time zone to the rest of Europe."  How the fuck could you have a problem with that!?  ;D

Honestly, I didn't want to derail the subject, we Americans were built by rails and steam. And See appears to be correct, but it will possibly change next year when Putin fails to wrestle the next polar bear. The next Russian administration, which will also be authoritarian, will probably change the time change back.

As for your comments about "British stupidity," we Yanks rather appreciated it after 1812. Nobody fucked with us. Or Texas. Piracy was eliminated, and commerce flourished thanks to the Royal Navy. We dealt with building a nation that was big. The railroad helped.

And regarding your comment : "London is nearer to Paris than it is to Glasgow but the 55 million English are forced to suffer a different time zone to the rest of Europe."  How the fuck could you have a problem with that!?  ;D

No wonder we have global warming if it's daylight at 4 am. All that sun must be heating the planet!