Mods

Kitten

who's the best mod?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. who's the best mod?

• Me(duh)
    • Tbg
    • Squirrel

I have always wondered what you guys have thought of us mods.

So I want anyone reading this to post what you first thought about Me,tbg,and squirrel.

and Dont worry the other 2 wont hurt you for this, I just want to see what you guys are going to say.

ps. dont be afraid to be mean,i have to be mean in my job i can take it.

I have always wondered what you guys have thought of us mods.

So I want anyone reading this to post what you first thought about Me,tbg,and squirrel.

and Dont worry the other 2 wont hurt you for this, I just want to see what you guys are going to say.

ps. dont be afraid to be mean,i have to be mean in my job i can take it.

I have never had any problems with any mods on here. You all are doing a great job.

If you ever meet up with me Kitten, I'll have to play Chesterfield Checkers with you.

I'm a member of a number of forums, so I've been exposed to a fair number of mods.  This is what I think of them.

A mod is, in essence, a judge.  A judge is a person who, based on the established rules and laws, decides if a person is violating...or following...those rules and laws.  A judge also applies common sense and compassion when rendering their verdict and when passing sentence.

So, to be a mod, a person has to be able to know and understand the rules and laws, has to have common sense and, at times, needs to be compassionate.

In my opinion, the mods in this forum have those qualities.  However...all of you have one big, and in my opinion, almost insurmountable handicap:  You don't have much of an established set of rules and laws.  This makes it almost impossible to do your job.

That being said, I think y'all do the best you can.  I have no complaints.  But believe me...I wouldn't take your job if you paid me.

I'm a member of a number of forums, so I've been exposed to a fair number of mods.  This is what I think of them.

A mod is, in essence, a judge.  A judge is a person who, based on the established rules and laws, decides if a person is violating...or following...those rules and laws.  A judge also applies common sense and compassion when rendering their verdict and when passing sentence.

So, to be a mod, a person has to be able to know and understand the rules and laws, has to have common sense and, at times, needs to be compassionate.

In my opinion, the mods in this forum have those qualities.  However...all of you have one big, and in my opinion, almost insurmountable handicap:  You don't have much of an established set of rules and laws.  This makes it almost impossible to do your job.

That being said, I think y'all do the best you can.  I have no complaints.  But believe me...I wouldn't take your job if you paid me.

Thank you JoJo with your words of support.

But I know why the other Mods just gave up. It's the constant idiocy that comes from a large group of people that think that they're right and no one else is allowed to have, or state an opinion. Of the hundreds of times I get a notification that someone has reported a post, 98% of the time it's invalid. It's just generally a comment about a person or a post.

To sit here day after day and police the many forums on this board would have to be a full time paid position. For some reason, many think that they have to use the 'Quote" button in just about every post that they make. This severely clutters up the pages and we then have to see the same pictures multiple times. Then when the host has to remove them to follow Internet laws, they become pages of content removed posts. I used to delete them. Now I don't bother.

I honestly feel that I'm looking out over a Kindergarten Playground when I come here. This is the beast that the Internet is. Add in that you get a worldwide membership and it really becomes a cluster fu*k.

If I could have just one rule, it would be that every post has to be in READABLE English. There are those in other countries that try to post in English and have to use the really bad translators available to us, but to them I give credit. The rest don't care and it makes posts and threads loose their continuity.

I'll shut up now.

Uh-oh. I'd better open them up and see what's there.

Up early or up late? It's 4am there.

I had to delete my email address, this site was making my phone go nuts and was very intrusive when I'm teaching a class. Even when it's set to vibrate, it's constantly going.

Sorry kiddo, I'm not ignoring you. I'll make a new email and pm it to you.

When I signed up, tbg and squirrel were just a couple of the old guys on here, like I am.

It's nice they hung around and made Mod, especially squirrel whom I remember had a habit of leaving, perhaps it was his stash of nuts that kept bringing him back, I'll never know.

My memories not the best but I think I may have posted to kitten on here previously, before my little absence, you guys all seem nice and it's good to come back to some familiar names and people.