Odd Behaviour

Halbadier

Does anyone else feel surprise, as apartment occupants are washing up, just how much water they waste?  Leora, Adriana & Zoya switch the tap on, and leave it running until all the washing up is done, In Carla's apartment, this can take an hour as she only seems to wash up once a week , when she has no crockery left. The other fascinating observation, is nobody drains their cutlery or crockery, which is all put straight into a drawer or cupboard when washed.

Does anyone else feel surprise, as apartment occupants are washing up, just how much water they waste?  Leora, Adriana & Zoya switch the tap on, and leave it running until all the washing up is done, In Carla's apartment, this can take an hour as she only seems to wash up once a week , when she has no crockery left. The other fascinating observation, is nobody drains their cutlery or crockery, which is all put straight into a drawer or cupboard when washed.

I won't swear to this, but I have been told that water is free in Russia but it is very polluted. That is why you see the residents using bottled water for drinking. That could be one explanation for the lack of concern for how much water is used from the tap.

I won't swear to this, but I have been told that water is free in Russia but it is very polluted. That is why you see the residents using bottled water for drinking. That could be one explanation for the lack of concern for how much water is used from the tap.

If they do happen to use water from the tap for drinking they always seem to boil it first before consuming.  Their water supply is mostly treated raw sewage. That's why the water is brown looking when they have bath's and showers.

Sure glad I don't have to go through that on an almost daily basis. The water at my place is clear 99% of the time.Never a problem with hot or cold water unless the boiler in the basement malfunctions. The only time I see brown water is when the City Maintenance flush the water lines twice a year and that's just a temporary problem.

One of the many things I love about living in the Scottish countryside, is the pure, clear, totally fresh water. It tastes ten times better than any bottled stuff, and showering in it is a delight! (as long as you don't catch a glimpse of yourself in the mirror!!) :)