Possible creation of a "Tech" forum added to CamCaps?

Foamy T. Squirrel

Should CC add a Tech and "how to?" forum to discuss methods of posting on CC, software and OS information?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Should CC add a Tech and "how to?" forum to discuss methods of posting on CC, software and OS information?

• Yes. I would like to read such a board.
    • Yes. I have questions about software applications and OS's I'd like to ask.
    • Yes. I would like to help people who have questions about photo editing/apps, etc.
    • No. I think it would not be useful, and I would not participate.

Sorry to hear about your back!!  Back pain is NOOOOOO fun at all!

That's when I have a crew of hot young Asian girls to walk up and down on it. And my back too.  :nana:

Seriously. I have a few in the spas I'm a regular at that about 5 foot, nothing and weigh about 100lbs. They dig in between the ribs and vertebrae with their toes and loosen all of those knots up.

Do you think CamCaps should add a board that allows discussion of technical issues? This would range from how to post safely on CamCaps, what editing and capture software is available for different operating systems, general trends in OS development, how to make your various devices work harmoniously together for an integrated RLC/CC experience and how to simply start out if you're a newbie with graphics and posting.

The list is pretty big, ranging from "what's the difference between 'Add image to Post'  and 'Attachments & Other Options' (It's huge) and 'Is Ocam or Bandicam better on Win10'?"

We have Apple people here, as well and Open Source Linux folks, so the range of discussion could be very expansive.

This is your chance to let us mods know if you would be willing to help and support the idea.

your asking guys to admit to ignorance ,which in my line of work is something you will never get ,yet if you was to implement the said thread ,you will be surprised with the volume of users ,so in the terms of the old saying "take the bull by the horns"  and remember if you only get 1% of the users using a tech thread then thats 1% of the members that your thread hopefully will have helped ,

As Foamy noted. Good point. We may just have to go through with it.

I say go for it and see what happens, what do you have to lose but a little time and besides I for one think it's an excellent idea and nothing ventured is of course nothing ventured LOL.  As the coon asses say, "laissez le bon temps rouler" (let the good times roll)!!!!

your asking guys to admit to ignorance ,which in my line of work is something you will never get ,yet if you was to implement the said thread ,you will be surprised with the volume of users ,so in the terms of the old saying "take the bull by the horns"  and remember if you only get 1% of the users using a tech thread then thats 1% of the members that your thread hopefully will have helped ,

Remember the days of junk mail? You send out a zillion solicitations. Decent return rate was considered 2%. If you could get that, the mailing would pay for itself and you'd be turning a good profit.

The nice thing about this little "anonymous" Internet, is that people can ask questions anonymously, thus not fearing to expose their ignorance. We will, of course, end up with people who think they know it all, and argue that only they know it all, but I've found we have a large amount of very technologically intelligent, creative, and helpful members here. Won't hurt to try.