Politics for dummies

Guest TxFeller

Guest TxFeller

Praise the wealthy and give them all the tax breaks they can ever want in return for the promise of jobs that never materialize as a result of the tax breaks, but do cause a big increase in the national deficit.  :bang head:

Say you want to get tough on immigration, but never propose protecting the coast lines on either side of the country and never propose building a wall between us and Canada.  :welcome:

Tell all the taterheads the 'guvmint is comin tuh git there guns', but never have a single case or law they can point to that proves their claim.  :doh:

Whine about religious freedom, but deny others the right to be free FROM religion.  :curse:

Say you want to improve education while giving hundreds of billions of dollars in tax breaks to corporations who send our jobs out of the country.  :screwy:

Say you are for women's empowerment by trotting out the select few women that have risen above the level of precinct worker in your party, but support overturning the freedom to decide whether to become a forced baby factory by government decree.  :headache:

Say you are for a sensible healthcare plan, but never create the plan, so that by removing what plan is in place, millions who want justified pay raises don't get any piece of the pie because they're DEAD from lack of................ (wait for it).............................yup, healthcare.  :bye:

First Texas Liberal I think I've ever heard of. Must be from the DFW area. But then, that's not considered part of the real Texas.

I thought y'all were Americans there.  :scratchchin:

Oh well, every cart has to have a bad apple somewhere in the batch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest TxFeller

First Texas Liberal I think I've ever heard of. Must be from the DFW area. But then, that's not considered part of the real Texas.

Born in St. David's Hospital, AUSTIN, TX. But, yes, I lived most of my life in Dallas.

Patriotism is about more than waving a flag and stifling a sniffle when the SSB is played. It's telling your country when the policies are wrong, too, especially that jackass GWB after pretty much avoiding service sending other folks' kids to go fight a war we had no business getting into. Saddam was a bag of hot air and no threat to anyone but his own people. If they wanted him out, they should have booted him themselves. NOT OUR CONCERN.

Ukraine? NOT OUR CONCERN.

Syria? NOT OUR CONCERN.

Libya? NOT OUR CONCERN.

Iran? NOT OUR CONCERN.

(you begin to get the picture, no doubt)

Guest TxFeller

Yes. I assume you are referring to WWII? If so, we were asked for our help, BUT, when it came time to pay for our participation, we ended up having to forgive the lion's share of what was owed us by those same countries, otherwise we'd have had to go to war with them, too.

Nanking.... was 4 years before we entered the war, if you're referring to the massacre there by the Japanese. If so, we had no part in it whatever.

I get the impression that you feel we should bear responsibility for being the world's policeman. If so, that's fine. But, for my part, considering how few would stand by us should we ever be the ones in need, I say screw em all.

But, for my part, considering how few would stand by us should we ever be the ones in need, I say screw em all.

So do you really think Australia would have sent troops to the Middle East if the US hadn't asked for help? And they did ASK. How many other countries would have gone without the request for support. Without that support I doubt the US would have gone it alone and bear in mind if they did, they would have suffered ALL the casualties and probably more.

Twenty two countries lost at least one soldier in Iraq. One death doesn't register I guess, except to the family of the soldier. But it does show that at least 21 other countries were there, supporting the US when they asked for help.

And when I say help, the top of my chain of command, the guy ultimately pulling my strings, was an American General.

Guest TxFeller

Ozi, please note that no current or former British colonies were in the list given above. NZ, Oz, UK, even Canada, were they to need our help, I'd be there in a heartbeat, regardless my current lack of the youth I once possessed. We have faced some mighty rough patches together and prevailed.

Countries that had soldiers killed as a result of the 2003 invasion of Iraq:

Australia - Azerbaijan - Bulgaria - Czech Republic - Denmark - El Salvador - Estonia - Georgia - Hungary - Italy - Kazakhstan - Latvia - Netherlands - Poland - Romania - Slovakia - South Korea - Spain - Ukraine -  Thailand - United Kingdom - United States.

• Upvote 1

Guest TxFeller

As a matter of fact, there are quite a large crowd of non-conservatives living in Texas. Because we're not as apeshit crazy as the ones who are.... well, I was going to say Tea Partyers, but they're beyond even the TP... we don't get much press.

As for being a " 'merican", I am not. I am a citizen of the United States. Being an "American" can mean anywhere from Cape Horn up to the arctic region above Canada. Since that is not one contiguous nation, and by no means wanting to facilitate the removing of our national sovereignty through an "American Free Trade Zone", I refuse to accept the label "American".