Juke Box Split #5

woodworker

Let me add some off my favourite music.  I have quite a broad taste in music. So let me start with some "light" classical music. Contrary to many of us my first cd ever was actually a CD (collection) with classical music.  My first cd's were the actually the complete "Der Ring des Nibelungen" of Richard Wagner which is a collection a about 14 CD's full of classical music / opera.  The most well known part of the ring is "Die Walküre" (which lasts about 4 hours).  In these 4 hours you'll probably find one of Wagner's most well known pieces called the "Ride of the Valkyries"

I've chosen to present the version performed by the "Berliner Philharmoniker":

I think it's a beautiful piece of music but it might not be the case for the most of you :-)  But who knows, maybe you'll like it.

I'm going to add some more classical pieces before moving on to more "mainstream" music.

• Upvote 2

Let's jump to a very nice piece by a Russian composer, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky or better known as just "Tchaikovsky".  In 1880 Tchaikovsky wrote the famous overture "The Year 1812", better known as the "1812 overture".  Tchaikovsky wrote the piece to commemorate Russians defence against Napoleon.  It's just one hell of a stunning piece of music and it's well known:

I've chosen for the full version, in this case performed by the Dutch "Koninklijk Concertgebouw Orkest" which performed the piece in 2013.  It's about 15 minutes long but it's worth listening to:

• Upvote 2

Another well known piece of art is the William Tell overture which was written by Gioachino Rossini in 1829 for the William tell opera.  The William Tell opera was the last of the opera's Rossini wrote.  While the William Tell Overture may be one of the most famous classical pieces made by any composer (The finale has been frequently used for all sorts events, movies, tv-series, etc...) I think it's still one of the most enjoyable pieces to listen to.

I've chosen for a version performed by the Santa Monica High School Symphony Orchestra which performed the piece in 2014 in Prague:

• Upvote 2