Juke Box Split #5

woodworker

And this ones becomes something of a traditional tune for the likes of such notorious pirates such as Foamy T. Squirrel, esquire, or should I say esquirrel.

"Avast ye maties,.. Time to open up the gunner doors and reap the oceans bounty!"  

• Upvote 2

WW....thanks for thinking about me and you're right, I did like them!   That guy should have done a soundtrack or two for the movie Paint Your Wagon starring Lee Marvin, Clint Eastwood, and Jean Seberg.  He would have been perfect for that movie!!

One thing you will learn about me is that my taste in music is very very broad.  I love it all with the exception of rap.  I don't totally hate all rap as there are a couple of rap songs that I like, but most of it I don't care for!

• Upvote 1

I am much the same as yourself, except that I don't like Rap, or Hip Hop, or Heavy metal, but other than that I too like a lot of different music as well. 

I've listened to Fred Neil since the mid sixties.   But they did play this song once at the end of a Sopranos episode once, which caused me to smile.

• Upvote 3

I just had to add this one more by him, since for me this song brings back certain memories, and I hope you like it as well.   Hey Nick, there's another guy who can whistle pretty good too.   Unlike myself.  LOL

• Upvote 1

This song came out in the year that I was born.   No doubt my poor mother must have heard me humming this song while I was in the cradle.   Believe me, I did a lot of rambling around within the confines of that cradle, rolling over first this way and then the other way, from one side to the other, in a monotonous, pointless motion that took place over and over again.   And then later on, while now in my crawling phase, I remember that I couldn't wait until my legs finally strengthened up so that I wouldn't have to suffer with those fucking sore rug burns on my knees from crawling around all day upon that old worn out Persian rug that I grew to know, inch by inch, like the back of my hand.

Honest, I actually do remember my first steps.   It was something that went completely unnoticed by others, though none of that mattered to me.    All I wanted to do at the time was to save my poor knees!      

And like most I suppose, my first steps were short and unsteady, as I managed to then wobble and stagger from the leg of the dinning room table over to the other little table that resided in the living room next to the couch.   A span of maybe ten or twelve feet.   And as I drew nearer to the other little table, in my haste I remember that I almost fell over as I slammed into the end table which caused the lamp there to almost tip over as well.   That sort of thing has happen around here a time or two as well when I was in one of my more inebriated states.    

Anyway, as time went on I soon grew more and more comfortable with this new heel and toe express thing, and was soon able to cover much more territory than before, and in much better time as well.     

Funny how a song can bring about all of this gibberish somehow. 

Well, that's about it.   Time to put the cork back in the bottle now.                 

• Upvote 3

Damn WW you must have a photographic memory!   I do remember some of my steps as a baby in diapers not going from the crawling stage to the walking stage lol.  I think that is awesome how you could remember that.   I have had incidents with coffee tables and end tables in some of my more inebriated states as well.....I'm sure most of us have at one time or another lol.

Hank Sr. is one of my favorites.....now your talking!!

• Upvote 1