Xmas Dinner

BBsq69

The duck was terrible BTW. Normally my duck is succulent and juicy but this was tough with virtually no meat on it - I think it had been starved. Turkey next year! The rest of the meal went down very well.

I wondered whether Americans were so keen on Turkey because they will have already had their fill at Thanksgiving.

LOL I can only speak for myself but turkey once a year is more than enough for me, that is unless it's BBQued by my younger brother.  The absolute best turkey you ever put in your mouth and it only gets better with the days as left overs for sandwiches and such.

Personally, I think turkey is mostly terrible. However I do like the legs,thighs and wings. Those I wrap in heavy foil with salt, pepper, butter and a few finely chopped fresh cut seasonings, and slow cooked on the grille for about 2 hours.

Make sure that you spray the inner side of the foil with a non-stick spray or you'll play hell getting it off.

Personally, I think turkey is mostly terrible. However I do like the legs,thighs and wings. Those I wrap in heavy foil with salt, pepper, butter and a few finely chopped fresh cut seasonings, and slow cooked on the grille for about 2 hours.

Make sure that you spray the inner side of the foil with a non-stick spray or you'll play hell getting it off.

Thanks for the tip. I tried turkey legs once, after two bites, gave them to the dog. Even he thought they were tough.

Will give them a second chance, with a real slow cook this time.

Low and slow is the way to go.  Like 200F-250F, turning 1/4 turn every 15 minutes. Direct heat under the food is what kills it. I keep the right side with the heat on and cook over on the left. I have a 5 burner Weber.

Low and slow is the way to go.  Like 200F-250F, turning 1/4 turn every 15 minutes. Direct heat under the food is what kills it. I keep the right side with the heat on and cook over on the left. I have a 5 burner Weber.

You are correct, low and slow is the only way to go!  Indirect heat is the best, no doubt about it!