The language barrier

HarleyFatboy

What really gets to me about RLC the most is the language barrier between the tenants and us.  I feel RLC ought to make every effort for us to understand whatever they are saying as long as they are saying it in front of a camera with audio capabilities.  They still have their places to go to and talk about stuff they don't want us to hear.  However, if there is broadcast audio we should be able to understand what they are saying.  It would alleviate any speculation and allot of he said she said kind of stuff.  If they don't want to provide us with some way of understanding what they are saying then they should remove the audio all together!!!

What really gets to me about RLC the most is the language barrier between the tenants and us.  I feel RLC ought to make every effort for us to understand whatever they are saying as long as they are saying it in front of a camera with audio capabilities.  They still have their places to go to and talk about stuff they don't want us to hear.  However, if there is broadcast audio we should be able to understand what they are saying.  It would alleviate any speculation and allot of he said she said kind of stuff.  If they don't want to provide us with some way of understanding what they are saying then they should remove the audio all together!!!              :hi: i am already one step ahead of you my friend...i don't know the language so i don't turn the sound on.makes it a lot quieter especially when the tenants are fussing.  :idk: 

What really gets to me about RLC the most is the language barrier between the tenants and us.  I feel RLC ought to make every effort for us to understand whatever they are saying as long as they are saying it in front of a camera with audio capabilities.  They still have their places to go to and talk about stuff they don't want us to hear.  However, if there is broadcast audio we should be able to understand what they are saying.  It would alleviate any speculation and allot of he said she said kind of stuff.  If they don't want to provide us with some way of understanding what they are saying then they should remove the audio all together!!!              :hi: i am already one step ahead of you my friend...i don't know the language so i don't turn the sound on.makes it a lot quieter especially when the tenants are fussing.  :idk:

You are right, sorry for this post everybody!

I don't know what any of their voices sound like. I never turn on the audio unless it's a YouTube vid in Old Dudes that I want to hear. Many times they have this screeching noise that they call music going on, Trust me, the whole experience is better with the sound off.  :yes:

I don't know what any of their voices sound like. I never turn on the audio unless it's a YouTube vid in Old Dudes that I want to hear. Many times they have this screeching noise that they call music going on, Trust me, the whole experience is better with the sound off.  :yes:

A simple fix, I'll give it a try

A language problem will always exist; we have this problem with CamCaps and written conversations, and we must deal with this situation the best we can. Sometimes computer translators work well enough.

As for audio captured and posted by CC members, we must rely on our Russian, Ukranian, and Spanish speakers to help us. I have often asked for their help.

The good part about the audio feed from RLC is three fold:

1)  People screaming at one another is Universal.

2)  Moaning and heavy breathing are Universal

3)  Music is Universal.

In order to understand the tenants, the benefit of the audio stream is that it works the same as watching gestures, facial expressions, and attitudes of the tenants.

I doubt RLC will have ever have native English speakers for tenants, probably because of cultural, nationalistic, and legalistic reasons.

Plus, it's always fun for me to hear Home Simpson speaking Spanish!  :lmao:

A language problem will always exist; we have this problem with CamCaps and written conversations, and we must deal with this situation the best we can. Sometimes computer translators work well enough.

As for audio captured and posted by CC members, we must rely on our Russian, Ukranian, and Spanish speakers to help us. I have often asked for their help.

The good part about the audio feed from RLC is three fold:

1)  People screaming at one another is Universal.

2)  Moaning and heavy breathing are Universal

3)  Music is Universal.

In order to understand the tenants, the benefit of the audio stream is that it works the same as watching gestures, facial expressions, and attitudes of the tenants.

I doubt RLC will have ever have native English speakers for tenants, probably because of cultural, nationalistic, and legalistic reasons.

Plus, it's always fun for me to hear Home Simpson speaking Spanish!  :lmao:

Mr. Squirrel,  I have to agree with you on some points and I understand that RLC will never have an english speaking apartment because that would go against every thing they are about and that is keeping their subscribers in the dark.  There will never be an english speaking apartment due to the legal issues alone!!  My whole point was that if it is said in front of open mic cameras, that everyone should be able to benefit from it and not just the people that understand russian, ukranian, or spanish!!

Mr. Squirrel,  I have to agree with you on some points and I understand that RLC will never have an english speaking apartment because that would go against every thing they are about and that is keeping their subscribers in the dark.  There will never be an english speaking apartment due to the legal issues alone!!  My whole point was that if it is said in front of open mic cameras, that everyone should be able to benefit from it and not just the people that understand russian, ukranian, or spanish!!

C'est la vie!

As our French members would say.

Agreed; 'tis sad indeed these tortures of life...

I'm still waiting to hear "I liebe dich, Herr Foamy!" from the Goddess, but I suppose I shall die with my love unrequited.  :'( :'( :'(

But, as they say, C'est la vie!