ISP or Router problem with RLC

I am having issue with RLC website.

The issue is gone when I connect my laptop to mobile and use the mobile internet instead of my home one.  Therefore it is not computer fault but either my isp or router.

Issue:

cams don't want to load, they break up and at good times  I can load only one cam while others are unresponsive. this is present with second cam which worked five minutes ago.

Internet speed is 8 Mbits and i can easily play two youtube videos in hd and torrent stuff or use steam.  so technically speed is not a problem. If it was an issue cams still should work just break up picture instead of being unresponsive.

I am in Australia btw.

Therefore I conclude that there is blocking happening either on ISP or router side of my internet connection. 

Anyone has idea how to diagonse the issue without using second modem (don't have one) or resetting it completely? :(

I think it is a RLC server issue with not enough bandwidth allocated.

I'm in Australia too and notice cams freezing or stuttering when there is action in a room. When there is no one in a room the cams work fine probably due to less users viewing that cam. It's the only explanation I can think of as I have no issue with any other site and just installed a new router and configured it also.

• 2 years later...

That blurring has been used for a few years now. There were a few CC members that were capturing and posting the still images of things going on in the other apartments with the previews boxes. RLC then blurred them out. All of the other cam sites do this too with no freezing problems. Why only RLC? Could it be the use of the antiquated Flash program?  

If this blurring is already since long, then it was only on the underside.
Now the different camera's in the open appartment show their own preview , and that was not there 2 weeks ago. The same date that the freezing problems came up.
Possibly sollution could be to change  the order of things, show first the main window, and then only 2-3 seconds later the preview of the secondary camera's

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, peking said:

am I to take that since RLC does not open any cams

this is a ban?

I have to click the refresh button usually 3 times before I get a picture. I got bored of that and rarely bother with RLC anymore. After looking into 3-4 different cams or coming back to a first one, it tells me that I have too many cams open, in which case I only have one. For what they offer, they aren't worth my time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TBG 150 said:

I have to click the refresh button usually 3 times before I get a picture. I got bored of that and rarely bother with RLC anymore. After looking into 3-4 different cams or coming back to a first one, it tells me that I have too many cams open, in which case I only have one. For what they offer, they aren't worth my time.

If everything else on the Internet Views fine and you have problems with viewing RLC then the problem is at Fault with RLC.  

RLC has been lagging and they'll keep lagging as long as they keep using the set up they have.  They have to switch their Site to use HTML5 but as long as they keep pissing around with Flash Player and Java Scripts they'll continue the way they currently are running.   Greedy Shareholders don't want to Part with One Thin Dime of their Millions they have made over the Years. Until they do RLC will keep running the way are now.  Slow & Dysfunctional.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1