Here we piss and moan about CC Mods

44 minutes ago, happyone said:

Actually, there is nothing wrong with a little humourous animation when you disagree with what someone said, rather

than actually putting it into words---can be a lot more effective IMHO 

I know you ment it as humor happy, but I remember you said mikelima were being insultive when he said a tenant were boring, and then you say it is fine to post a throw-up emoji at those you don't like?

I'm not saying you ment anything wrong with it, but think how you would've looked at it if it were anyone else who posted it.

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ed2 said:

I know you ment it as humor happy, but I remember you said mikelima were being insultive when he said a tenant were boring, and then you say it is fine to post a throw-up emoji at those you don't like?

I'm not saying you ment anything wrong with it, but think how you would've looked at it if it were anyone else who posted it.

If I did write that, I do not remember,  I would like to see the entire context of the conversation.   I do not believe, unless it was a long time ago, that I actually said that.--I do not believe that I would call someone insultive

for such a thing as saying a tenant was boring--there would have had to be something more than that. 

If someone else posted the throw up emoji about something I said, ---ok---I would probably defend or elaborate on my original post.

7 minutes ago, happyone said:

If I did write that, I do not remember,  I would like to see the entire context of the conversation.   I do not believe, unless it was a long time ago, that I actually said that.--I do not believe that I would call someone insultive

for such a thing as saying a tenant was boring--there would have had to be something more than that. 

If someone else posted the throw up emoji about something I said, ---ok---I would probably defend or elaborate on my original post.

The words he used was "useless for the viewers", you reacted to the word "useless", because it was insultive.... Don't you rember, I said it was just a bad choice of words.

19 minutes ago, ed2 said:

The words he used was "useless for the viewers", you reacted to the word "useless", because it was insultive.... Don't you rember, I said it was just a bad choice of words.

Useless is completely different than boring as you originally stated..  You must if you  are going to have a truthful discussion, quote the person exactly and the response exactly.  If you can refresh my memory by 

posting those comments by Mikelima and the exact post I made to them,  then I can better discuss with you how I reacted and why.

You asked me a question

and then you say it is fine to post a throw-up emoji at those you don't like?

And I answered you, which you ignored and proceeded to change your original boring to useless

Whelp, there seems to be some argument going on here. Perhaps we should rename "Rants & Flames" to "Fight Club."

I loath the idea of moderating this section unless it REALLY crosses the line. Like spam, stalking, and illegal posts. It's designed for verbal gladiator practice, jousting, and everybody here knows it. The Apartment threads are for people who would rather engaged in civilized, polite and intelligent discussions.

Further more, if annoying crap continually appears in Apartment threads, especially things that violate the last section #5 of the RULES, report it in an official Mod Report using the "Report" button. This section of the rules says:  It is fine to disagree with another's opinion or to critique the action of the tenants, but do so in constructive ways using socially acceptable language. Do not be an annoyance, or members will file reports against you, and Mods will be irritated and will ban you.

VHTV can do what it wants with it's damn cameras as far as the we mods are concerned. If it's a bad business decision, then VHTV will make adjustments. Our job is either to subscribe or move on. Harping on it is annoying little squirrel. As for posting memes, I'd be perma-banned for using them myself.

18 minutes ago, happyone said:

Useless is completely different than boring as you originally stated..  You must if you  are going to have a truthful discussion, quote the person exactly and the response exactly.  If you can refresh my memory by 

posting those comments by Mikelima and the exact post I made to them,  then I can better discuss with you how I reacted and why.

I'd had to go back a month or so to find it, so not now. My point was just that you and euromike are often abit quick to judge others, while you sometimes can be abit rude yourself too. I had to really fight an urge to not post a fuck you-emoji back at euromike's blahblahblah-emoji.

Yes, I saw your response, you are thick skinned then, but I think most would take it as abit dissrespecting. OK, we can agree to dissagree, I'm likely having a shit day, and overreacting. 

35 minutes ago, ed2 said:

I'd had to go back a month or so to find it, so not now. My point was just that you and euromike are often abit quick to judge others, while you sometimes can be abit rude yourself too. I had to really fight an urge to not post a fuck you-emoji back at euromike's blahblahblah-emoji.

Yes, I saw your response, you are thick skinned then, but I think most would take it as abit dissrespecting. OK, we can agree to dissagree, I'm likely having a shit day, and overreacting. 

It seems for some reason Foamy had to make a comment and I do not understand why, especially about moderating  in this forum.  This conversation was between you and me.   Anytime I disagree with someone, does not mean I am judging them---that is your assumption.  As far as being rude, that is a matter of degree and opinion.  What you might see as rude, a majority may not.  I guess I could have added that in my post that in my opinion his idea was bad.   I think we are done here. 

31 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

It is fine to disagree with another's opinion or to critique the action of the tenants, but do so in constructive ways using socially acceptable language. Do not be an annoyance, or members will file reports against you, and Mods will be irritated and will ban you.

I did report it, so if you are interested what this is about, we were arguing wether it is OK to post a throw up-emoji at someone, because one dissagree with another's opinion.

38 minutes ago, happyone said:

It seems for some reason Foamy had to make a comment and I do not understand why, especially about moderating  in this forum.  This conversation was between you and me.   Anytime I disagree with someone, does not mean I am judging them---that is your assumption.  As far as being rude, that is a matter of degree and opinion.  What you might see as rude, a majority may not.  I guess I could have added that in my post that in my opinion his idea was bad.   I think we are done here. 

I agree to this.  

I dissagree to this. I've never seen mikelima hurt anyone.

OK. Done. 

40 minutes ago, ed2 said:

I agree to this.  

I dissagree to this. I've never seen mikelima hurt anyone.

OK. Done. 

That in red was a what I should have said along with the throw-up emoji- you are all over the place in following this conversation, which the main point of the conversation was the emoji

You brought up Mikelima early on to try and reinforce your idea that I was insulting.

17 minutes ago, happyone said:

That in red was a what I should have said along with the throw-up emoji- you are all over the place in following this conversation, which the main point of the conversation was the emoji

You brought up Mikelima early on to try and reinforce your idea that I was insulting.

aha, ok