Something that just needs to be said

I have to keep reminding myself this is Russia, it is only 20+ years since the wall came down and attitudes in Russia started to become more Western. Before it was those who had it, the rest were just peasants. In the peasant family the man worked and the woman kept the house, I expect some of this attitude has boiled over to the present young generation although they were probably born after the wall came down. End of history lesson.

Now take these two. She works he doesn’t, but she still keeps the house, doing the meals and cleaning etc. while he just sits around (the old Attitude), but he is supposed to be working and bring in the money to the house. Looking at other RLC +8 dwellers past and present, most didn’t work so unemployment must be high (Lora and Max the exception are working and have a stable relationship). He seems to have very little possessions or money (no drugs/cocaine can’t afford it) and therefore relies solely on her money and RLC payments. If he has the old pre wall attitude this must affect him mentally and puts a conflict on how he treats her resulting in what we see.

Footnote: Internet connection and laptop I think comes with the flat and is something new to them so the addiction to it.

Guest Squirrel

I have to keep reminding myself this is Russia, it is only 20+ years since the wall came down and attitudes in Russia started to become more Western. Before it was those who had it, the rest were just peasants. In the peasant family the man worked and the woman kept the house, I expect some of this attitude has boiled over to the present young generation although they were probably born after the wall came down. End of history lesson.

Now take these two. . . . have very little possessions or money (no drugs/cocaine can’t afford it) and therefore relies solely on her money and RLC payments. If he has the old pre wall attitude this must affect him mentally and puts a conflict on how he treats her resulting in what we see.

Footnote: Internet connection and laptop I think comes with the flat and is something new to them so the addiction to it.

Woodworker has started an interesting thread here. But to cut to the chase (that's a machinist's term, incidentally -- nothing to do with Hollywood or woodwork): All of these men have women that other men covet.

Most of the CamCaps's peanut gallery is made up of obviously heterosexual men who daily challenge these poor RLC suckers in an anonymous internet way.

How would you like to be down & out, and forced to take welfare from RLC in order to get a decent apartment? How would you like to be jobless -- as are some of them -- without hope for a future, and stuck with a foxy woman while other guys study your every performance and then deride you? It must be extremely hard on their self-esteem.

Hanging around the CamCaps Peanut Gallery, whistling, cheering, hooting, and occasionally throwing a rotten tomato at the stage is more fun. Sometimes our comments are damn near hilarious. I'd much rather be here. But none of us have walked a mile in their moccasins.

It's easy to fantasize about the girls being goddesses who deserve you, and that their  "jerk" RLC boys with whom they are stuck, should hit the road. This is a dangerous mode of operation. I've gathered extremely beautiful girlfriends in the past, watched the other guys oogle at us, and then suffered when I realized that this goddess they coveted was actually a manipulative, suicidal or sadistic and stupid spoiled expensive bitch when she was not in the public eye.

A sad truth is that pretty women usually travel with a lot of hidden baggage.

I'm dying laughing from all of you guys psycology. What ever gave you the idea that this couples get paid by RLC?? What they get from RLC is free apartment amd no bills. Hence the neverending bathroom light!

I'm dying laughing from all of you guys psycology. What ever gave you the idea that this couples get paid by RLC?? What they get from RLC is free apartment amd no bills. Hence the neverending bathroom light!

The thing is, snaky, even if all of the armchair psychologists here are totally wrong...it's still fun to do what these guys are doing.  Heck, you should go back and read some of the stuff I'VE written about the couples.  LOL!!