Leora and Paul... Put the fucking phones away

Guest Squirrel

One massive cyber war featuring EMP bombs can ruin a whole day. I'll bet the Millennials who can now read analog clocks, books, and road maps & perform mathematical operations or communicate with a pencil on paper will be the Millennials who win. And I'll bet the Millennial male who can operate a wine, cheese, and french bread picnic by the river with his girl will have a better sex life than a guy who does it over a cell phone.

In the meantime, my cell carrier gives me no bars in more places; the battery's always dead during emergencies, and if I get just one more reminder that my "car warranty is about to expire" or a text from that Nigerian prince, I'm gonna chuck that half of modern technology into the nearest recycling bin.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest paulusmagintie

One massive cyber war featuring EMP bombs can ruin a whole day. I'll bet the Millennials who can now read analog clocks, books, and road maps & perform mathematical operations or communicate with a pencil on paper will be the Millennials who win. And I'll bet the Millennial male who can operate a wine, cheese, and french bread picnic by the river with his girl will have a better sex life than a guy who does it over a cell phone.

In the meantime, my cell carrier gives me no bars in more places; the battery's always dead during emergencies, and if I get just one more reminder that my "car warranty is about to expire" or a text from that Nigerian prince, I'm gonna chuck that half of modern technology into the nearest recycling bin.

Blaming the technology but the user can't keep the phone charged (charge it every night), doesn't bother to get a better service provider or move and your the one that set up that reminder.

Like they say in the Workplace, a good mechanic never blames his tools.

Guest Squirrel
Blaming the technology but the user can't keep the phone charged (charge it every night), doesn't bother to get a better service provider or move and your the one that set up that reminder.

The master craftsman works with the best tools available. And when it comes to dealing with a woman, technology cannot replace romance. EOL.

Guest kevinbsam7

The master craftsman works with the best tools available. And when it comes to dealing with a woman, technology cannot replace romance. EOL.

Isn't it 'A bad lover blames his tool'?

Guest paulusmagintie

But technology can "enhance" the romance. Why go to the library and awkwardly borrow the Kama sutra when you can get it on your phone? ;)

Guest Squirrel

Seems to me that technology is also responsible for a magic blue pill that enhances romance greatly.  ;) Maybe we can email a few of them to Paul so he can keep up with his work load.

They are all tools. It's knowing how to use them. I love the fact that I can text her at work. She answers when she can. And yes, we do share funny emails and online jokes.

But what I'm trying to say is, we don't sit across the dinner table from each other and have our faces glued to a phone or computer.

I know people that can't write in the cursive fashion. All they can do it print or type. I know a lawyer who doesn't know how to pump his own gas. I know people that wouldn't have a clue what to do if they got a flat on the side of the road, other than to pick up their cell phone and call for help. But they know every in and out of a cell phone or a computer.

I like to learn about everything I can. I can restore an old car, I can rebuild an electric motor, be a carpenter, plumber, electrician, brick layer, whatever. A man that can work with both his hands and his mind will never go hungry. There will always be a place for him somewhere.

I know a little about a lot, and a lot about nothing.