The National Anthem

The flag has been the symbol of the patriots who have abused African-Americans since the beginning of our country.  If you don't think that the abuse is continuing today, then you're not paying attention.

Free speech is a right embedded in our constitution.  I think that kneeling instead of standing is a pretty mild way of protesting the many racist things happening.  If you haven't stood in their shoes, you can't appreciate how weak any symbol is compared to the reality of what they're experiencing.

43 minutes ago, eagleb1 said:

The flag has been the symbol of the patriots who have abused African-Americans since the beginning of our country.  If you don't think that the abuse is continuing today, then you're not paying attention.

Free speech is a right embedded in our constitution.  I think that kneeling instead of standing is a pretty mild way of protesting the many racist things happening.  If you haven't stood in their shoes, you can't appreciate how weak any symbol is compared to the reality of what they're experiencing.

You do realize the first slave owner in the US was a black man right? Blacks are just as racist as whites. Blacks just as whites fight and die for this nation. I have had the pleasure of serving along side many blacks in combat who love this nation and flag as much as I do. Your argument is invalid as blacks abuse each other at a much higher rate than whites abuse blacks. Plus any blacks who stand up for this country and how great she is, is called an Uncle Tom.  I don't owe blacks anything. They want me to feel sorry that their ancestors were slaves. Guess what I am of Irish decent the Irish were treated just as bad if hot worse than any black slaves in this country. Only 1% of the population back in the early 1800 were slave owners.  I am tired of everyone saying white privilege, blacks or abused, and we owe them something. I was a smart ass when I got out of highschool and applied for scholarships that are provided for black only people. I even applied to a black college, what do you think were the results of that. Denied. But by god you don't see any only white scholarships do you.  This country is the greatest, but yet these people think we owe them something. Kappernick makes money to play the sport he loves and he is protesting (which is his given right defended by countless lives lost to preserve freedom)  for people who want to be jackasses and not follow directions given to them by law enforcement officials.  It also doesn't help that the man in the whitehouse is a racebaiting cocksucker

• Upvote 3

On 10/7/2016 at 8:27 AM, eagleb1 said:

Mr Eagle, this is a very narrow view. Our flag is also a symbol of the abolishment of slavery; I believe the first country in the world to do so. It is also a symbol of a country which comes to the aid of their friends, or the downtrodden, and the acceptance of others (our country is made up of a lot more than a few bigots). Don't forget all the handouts and support we give to worldwide disaster victims. Many of the the disease vectors in the world have been identified and countered (some still on-going) by the CDC in the US. It is a symbol of what you can accomplish with the proper amount of hard work and perseverance. It also is a symbol of the men and women who have given their lives to making the world a better place (mainly it is greedy politicians who have mucked it all up). So when a person protests these symbols they are also protesting the many more good things which have been accomplished under it.

Kaperneak ( I only use him as a recent example) is protesting a problem which has been so badly misrepresented that it is no longer valid...and yet many still beat their chests while voicing their primal screams over it. The high-schoolers and post high-schoolers (collegiate attendees ) are following suit and are just as misinformed; but since they are teens, and know everything, they will not listen to reason. After all, their heroes are doing it; it must be right. The BLM movement and the NBPG are founded on violent overthrow instead of civil discourse and correction. They don't even have the social responsibility to clean up their own huge problems of murdering themselves at an incredible rate before violently protesting an incredibly small percentage of wrongs by cops. They have proven this many times both here and in the country of their ancestors; which they are always ready to shove in your face. Keep in mind that this gentleman was raised abandoned by his black parents and adopted and raised by white parents. These folks gave him a good home in a country which allowed him to follow his dreams and now he makes millions merely providing entertainment to others. His protest has no teeth. ( I use that quip a lot, don't I?)

• Upvote 1

Just for the record. I am biggoted but not a racist. My likes and dislikes of people are based on individual behavior, not skin color. But I am not naive to mob rule issues. 

When you hear a black person complaining about how their neighborhood has been abandoned and they want a better place for their children to grow up, keep in mind that it costs nothing to pick up the garbage out of your yard; or just not trashing your home in the first place. How hard is it to keep your neighborhood clean? Do you think that the garbage trucks don't go into places like Camden, NJ or the Watts area of LA, CA, because the whites forgot about 'em? NO, it isn't safe to go there. The cops get shot at daily in places like that. Does that happen in predominately white neighborhoods? If you don't have much money is it wise to have more children than you can feed? Is a fancy cell phone, gold teeth, $3000 rims on a $1500 car (that could be your food budget for 6 months), the gaming platforms, or a fairly expensive car ( I remember a brand new Buick Riviera with a "diamond in the back" leather interior, and wing shaped CB antenna sitting in front of a 400sqft stick built home whose walls you could see through with the tar paper hanging off of), more important than paying the bills that benefit your household? What about staying in school and learning to speak clearly and read competently? Even in severely depressed areas you can always identify the pockets of folks who are determined to make it using the honest resources available to them (you know, like gardens and such). Is theft and pillage of those who worked for what they have ever a good thing?

Most of the black part of our society has long since learned how to earn what they have and raise good families. The squeaky cogs (violent protesters and whiners) we are experiencing do not represent the black people as a whole and we should never emulate the dregs of our society, i.e. baseball caps cocked to one side and the britches hanging down around the knees, gratuitously sexually explicit "musical" performances (extravaganzas) on disc and stage, and acceptance of foul language as "cool". So, until we restart calling a spade a spade we will always have this "race and downtrodden poor" problem.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

It appears we suffer from a politically induced cultural problem. Not a racial problem. People who tow their own weight are all brothers and sisters regardless of their race, creed, color, or national origin.

Politicians that seek to divide us in order to increase their political power are the enemy.

• Upvote 2