Barcelona Apt. #1 - General Chat Comments, Quotes & Thanks for Pictures & Videos (2016)

• Replies 63.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Noldus

• Dreamer24

• legrandrobert

• euromike69

8 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

SC, how does one comment on a picture with this new software?

Just copy and paste the Picture and put the Picture in the comment section then add your comment underneath the Picture.  The Quote thing doesn't want to copy on this New Forum Software.  I am trying to get that figured out. When I do I'll make a post explaining how it's done.

So if you see something weird posted in Comments with my name on the post and it looks abnormal then that's just me trying some different things with the quote feature which I will remove after I am done.

2 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Just copy and paste the Picture and put the Picture in the comment section then add your comment underneath the Picture.  The Quote thing doesn't want to copy on this New Forum Software.  I am trying to get that figured out. When I do I'll make a post explaining how it's done.

So if you see something weird posted in Comments with my name on the post and it looks abnormal then that's just me trying some different things with the quote feature which I will remove after I am done.

That's what I did on the post where I said she needs to put some powder on that animal but the picture didn't show up.  What did I do wrong there?

9 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

That's what I did on the post where I said she needs to put some powder on that animal but the picture didn't show up.  What did I do wrong there?

DanayaItching.gif 

I just copied the picture from my post. You have to click the Quote Button then click the image with the Mouse and the Picture should highlight in to a Blue Box over the Picture then copy the Picture and cancel the quote  and then paste the Picture here.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

DanayaItching.gif 

I just copied the picture from my post. You have to click the Quote Button then click the image with the Mouse and the Picture should highlight in to a Blue Box over the Picture then copy the Picture and cancel the quote  and then paste the Picture here.

This is a test...

1 minute ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Sorry to bother you SC and thank you for your help!  Sometimes I feel like I will never get the hang of this stuff LOL...

No problem at all.  That's what we are here for is to help others trying to find the best way at doing things.  Once you get the hang of it. It will run just like Clockwork.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

With YouTube everything is done on their own site and embedded so there is very little buffering process involved. The pictures Hope85 and Euromike69 posts range from 6 to 12 images per post sometimes more they post in large lots. Some of their posts have regular pictures and gifs all in one post. It's not so much a regular picture that's not a gif image will load quick as a picture size mostly is less than 1MB for jpg jpeg and bmp. A PNG can be as much as 3 to 5MB depending on the size the picture resolution is.  A gif image is anywhere between 8 and 10MB for each one so if there are 10 or 15 Gifs then like I said before your computer has to buffer that to the Temporary Internet Files Folder before that Gif will even load and play. If large posters cover one whole page with 10 images or gifs on each post then it's going to take longer to load as there is almost 130 to 150 images on that page.  I have an 8 Core processor and 16 GB of RAM and a 2GB Video Card and I still chug on those pages that have a large lot of Images.

Most users better hope they have an Unlimited Internet Usage Plan if your on Caps with limited usage you could have a higher price for Internet to pay when the bill comes due.

What do you mean by unlimited/limited Internet usage plan? Is that the system in the U:S:? I have used Internet from almost the beginning of its history, and the price has always been dependent on the speed of the connection, not on the volume of usage. Nowadays the speed is high and the price is low, even with mobile connections - we have used only mobile Internet for the last three years.

13 minutes ago, kalevipoeg said:

What do you mean by unlimited/limited Internet usage plan? Is that the system in the U:S:? I have used Internet from almost the beginning of its history, and the price has always been dependent on the speed of the connection, not on the volume of usage. Nowadays the speed is high and the price is low, even with mobile connections - we have used only mobile Internet for the last three years.

Everyone's Internet Provider is different.  Some Providers have Unlimited Usage Plans and other Providers might improvise a Cap System where the user might only be allowed 100 or 150GB a month for their usage. If they go over that allotted usage then they pay extra for what they use. Some providers charge anywhere from $1.50 to $2.50 per GB for the over usage. If someone had a plan and they're only allowed 150GB and they use 250GB for the Month then they are 100GB over their limit which could amount into a very high Internet Bill instead of the Monthly Fee the provider quotes them. 

Some People just get Internet Service but the Provider fails to tell them about Bandwidth Caps. Every Country has different rules on Internet.

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, kalevipoeg said:

I can't speak for StnCld316 but here in the US there are many different ISP's with many different options/plans.  My son & I's mobile plan is unlimited with the ISP we use.  However, any new users that choose the ISP we have do not have that option.  Our ISP changed from unlimited everything to different plans that are customizable per each individuals needs, I have been with this provider for so long I was grandfathered in to the unlimited everything plan.  For my wifi hotspot I pay $50 a month for 10gigs of volume/usage.  If I go over that amount I am charged extra, but that never has happened because I use my laptop mainly for business purposes and don't watch allot of streaming video.  Hope this helps!

• Upvote 3

SC, thanks for your explanation .- I guess you are explaining the situation in Canada. As I said, I have never heard of such limitations, they have never been used in my country. Today, I pay 14,90 euros, about 16 US dollars a month for an unlimited mobile 4G connection, with a speed of 30 Mbit/s (in our country home at the moment around 20 Mbit/s, depends how close to the 4G Network station I am). In my eyes, the competition between your Internet providers cannot be very hard as they can charge such prices.

19 minutes ago, kalevipoeg said:

SC, thanks for your explanation .- I guess you are explaining the situation in Canada. As I said, I have never heard of such limitations, they have never been used in my country. Today, I pay 14,90 euros, about 16 US dollars a month for an unlimited mobile 4G connection, with a speed of 30 Mbit/s (in our country home at the moment around 20 Mbit/s, depends how close to the 4G Network station I am). In my eyes, the competition between your Internet providers cannot be very hard as they can charge such prices.

That's the way it is in Canada. I would imagine the USA is quite similar.  Now for Countries like the UK and other Countries it's hard to say how those Providers operate.

I myself pay $34.95 a month with a 150GB Limit but I took the Unlimited but have to pay an extra $10 for it for a Speed of 100MBPS.

• Upvote 1