POST DELETED

Guest joeybaggs

3 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Especially in todays society!!

Back in the Old Days when they had those Festivals. Everyone could relate to it and have a good time.  In todays society and the Music they push out now you have to be Stoned on a few Pounds of Weed before you can relate o todays music.   I'm Old School on Music.  I was raised listening to 50's and 60's Music and I still listen to the same Music to this day.   It never grows old.

• Upvote 1

You are a little older than I but we share the same taste in music.  I grew up listening to 50's, 60's, and 70's music, more 60's and 70's music than the 50's music but it's the type and style of music I like.  You're right by saying it never grows old....I love the music to this day!!  Today's music is much more miss than hit for me.  Occasionally I'll hear something that peaks my interest as it has some older music styling but the rest of that crap just isn't for me.   The anniversary, if there is one, will unfortunately be filled with some of it instead of just bringing back all the good music of old!  My son grew up listening to what I like and to this day that is mainly all he listens too.  He does like some other stuff but mainly prefers the music that I grew up too.

• Upvote 1

The interesting thing is that Woodstock wasn't supposed to turn into what it did. It was just a simple gig at Max Yasgur's dairy farm. It was authentic, just a bunch of people who got together, formed their own temporary and rather libertarian civilization, and then it drifted away. The later festivals that tried to replicate it were failures because they were contrived and not spontaneous.

1969 was a most amazing year.

And we were all trim, young, and very attractive back then. Of course you already knew that.

• Upvote 2

Takes me back to a time when this mation had a conscience. I wasn't at Woodstock but I was at Goose Lake in Michigan. Over 250,00 at a three day concert. Closest I think anybody could get to the feelong. Thanks so much for posting this..

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, joeybaggs said:

"Wow," Thank you both for sharing your experiences, during the event and time. I surely enjoyed the rolling stones post.. I can only remember, how friendly people were, everywhere you when. Now, it's all different! Hate, Jealously, deceiving, etc. Attributes, sure not from that era. I am grateful to attend numerous concerts, with family members as a preteen, who worked as roadies for MSG. Led Zeppelin, The Who, Yes, Deep Purple, David Bowie, Jethro Tull, ELP, James Taylor, Mountain, with Leslie West. I sometimes would leave a concert to sneak into a theater to watch a musical. (= CATS - SOUTH PACIFIC - MY Favorite WEST SIDE STORY. I try out as a dancer, and I did not meet their criteria, not able to do a Banana split, Bias in my opinion. It was fun times. Sorry, monologuing...

Oh the shows you must have seen as a kid growing up and listening to some great bands due to the roadie work of family!!!

• Upvote 1

What a life JB....sounds interesting as hell to me!!  You have witnessed some top rate bands in your day and that is something that a lot of people can't say.  LZ is and always has been one of my favorite all time groups along with many others, but they are for sure on the top of the list!!

Maryland Fried Chicken huh......who'd a thunk it lol.  Your dad must have carried some clout around that town.....lucky for you and Jerome!!

The two google links didn't work for me and I don't know why, it has always worked the past but not now.  It was telling me to login and get permission for some strange reason.  Oh well, I'll figure it out and eventually watch them both......that you can count on my friend!

Have a great day JB!!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, joeybaggs said:

Let me know if you can access the files? 

I was able to get the 2nd one to play "Been a Long Time", but I couldn't get the first one to play.  It just sits there with a circle of dots going round and round in a clockwise direction.  So, clocking if you will...

I liked the hell out of the 2nd one though!!