Katie & Phil, Lena & Peter

2 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

I agree! I hope their new way is better. I highly suggest naming  the apts without using the tenants names. For the purpose of archiving, it is better to have everything that happened in that apt be in one place. Tenabts come and go, bit the apt is always the same from beginning to end. 

I guess filter function for tags, date, name and maybe a rating system will do it.

53 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Did you know that Camarads has a policy of deleting apts from CC after the apt is offline. I really think these things should be archived and left for not only is to enjoy in the future, but really for the tenants to be able to look back on. I know that if I were a tenant I'd be just like Violet and I'd want to have it all preserved for future reference. 

One thing thouh, there has got to be a better way to preserve the threads besides using the tenants names. They move around too much. I think it would have been much better to have archived the threads per apt, not by name. This is actually something that VV did well by naming the apt something instead of the names of the tenants. That way everything that happens in that location is captured in one place.  Sure, the thread can get too big, but it's fine to just number the threads for that location, such as Tver archive 1, 2, 3, etc.... The way CC and VH have their archive set up now it's a total mess and it's very difficult to find things. Try chasing down all of Layla's or Anna's stuff for example. Good luck!!!! 

Using the term "realm" isn't good either because it only showed up in the URL. VH should really pick names for the apts instead of using the tenants names. For example, Anna's original apt could have been called Carrot and then everything that happened in that apt would be there in one place. If the threads got too big, they could subdivide the threads chronologically under that name of the apt  for example,, Carrotve 1, 2. 3 etc....

VV was smart to name their apts something other then the tenants names! 

About Camarads totally agree with you, but they seems to 'don't have much control' on the things... 

I don't agree with you in the part of giving random names to the houses... Why not the names???? It's easy to memorize now and many months after the houses are closed... Looking to myself searching for some couple and trying to see if they was the carrot or cucumber or strawberries. And yes, don't agree with the organize they give to the archive putting all gathered by realm instead tenants names (already said it at the right topic about it)

22 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

About Camarads totally agree with you, but they seems to 'don't have much control' on the things... 

I don't agree with you in the part of giving random names to the houses... Why not the names???? It's easy to memorize now and many months after the houses are closed... Looking to myself searching for some couple and trying to see if they was the carrot or cucumber or strawberries. And yes, don't agree with the organize they give to the archive putting all gathered by realm instead tenants names (already said it at the right topic about it)

What happens though when a tenant moves from one apt to another? It gets very messy and difficult to find them.  Layla is a perfect example.

5 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

What happens though when a tenant moves from one apt to another? It gets very messy and difficult to find them.  Layla is a perfect example.

The only problem that i saw there (but its like jabbath said, a search solve the problem) is when (and picking in an actual example) a house with two couples get splitted in two houses... But like i said, i think it's the easier way to get more direct to what we are looking

If they only move from one apartment to another... (on case eric&layla) no problem at all... all will be associated with them not depending the apartment they are

• Like 1

Other possibilities could be they still increasing the 'realms' instead of using the free ones to new tenants... There are atually 21 realms (i think) if now someone leave instead of giving them the actual realm for that apartment they could give the 22... and then 23 ..... and so on so on... That also will eliminate that problem of different 'tenants/apartments' at same realm

1 minute ago, Sparkles said:

Other possibilities could be they still increasing the 'realms' instead of using the free ones to new tenants... There are atually 21 realms (i think) if now someone leave instead of giving them the actual realm for that apartment they could give the 22... and then 23 ..... and so on so on... That also will eliminate that problem of different 'tenants/apartments' at same realm

You mean no longer use the same realm number twice? Good idea. :biggrin:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jabbath1987 said:

You mean no longer use the same realm number twice? Good idea. :biggrin:

Yes... The archive is organized by realm, that's why (for example) you found videos of tony&margaret at Clara&Stas.. they got the same realm number... Instead of doing that, give an new realm number to them even if it's the same apartment.