Tesla & Space X

Foamy T. Squirrel

• 2 weeks later...

It was an awesome sight to see that lift-off go as smoothly as it did. Any roadway in the area was a sea of cars parked on the shoulders for a view across the river to the launch pad. While it was not the best vantage point because of the many Oak trees, I did manage to watch it from my back yard. To watch those two boosters come back and land on the pads was like watching a scene from a sci-fi movie. They were perfectly synchronous in the way that they both touched at the same time. And the twin sonic booms upon re-entry rattled the rafters.

I wonder how "Star Man" and the roadster are holding up in deep space? Some looney bin wanted to shoot up a school here and that story has taken over the entire lamestream media. 

@Rammer. My wallpaper is the Curiosity rover on Mars. 

PIA22207-1920x1200.jpg

• Like 1

On 2/22/2018 at 5:26 AM, TBG 150 said:

It was an awesome sight to see that lift-off go as smoothly as it did. Any roadway in the area was a sea of cars parked on the shoulders for a view across the river to the launch pad. While it was not the best vantage point because of the many Oak trees, I did manage to watch it from my back yard. To watch those two boosters come back and land on the pads was like watching a scene from a sci-fi movie. They were perfectly synchronous in the way that they both touched at the same time. And the twin sonic booms upon re-entry rattled the rafters.

I wonder how "Star Man" and the roadster are holding up in deep space? Some looney bin wanted to shoot up a school here and that story has taken over the entire lamestream media. 

@Rammer. My wallpaper is the Curiosity rover on Mars. 

PIA22207-1920x1200.jpg  0   397.1 kB

Thanks TBG 150.  You were there for the lift off?  Nice!  Elton Musk is only 46 years old and a true original  Go SpaceX! 

• Like 1

I'm not sure where Starman is now TBG 150,  but think this is where he was early in the start of his his ride.  He'll  be cruising around the sun until infinity unless something takes him out. This video is 4+  hours long. For those of you who want to see it,  you might want to scroll and skim at your leisure unless you really have a huge amount of available spare time. The don't panic message on the dashboard says it all.  The  beginning of this video showing the earth in the background is awesome.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

No one probably cares by now, but here is the present location of the Tesla and StarMan.

http://www.whereisroadster.com/

How close to realistic this, I have no idea. I imagine he's pretty well worn by now. Supposedly SpaceX is still tracking the car and it's driver/rider. I do a lot of work in and around the Space Center Complex and Elon Musk is there quite often doing hands on work to assure  his projects go as planned. He has a Falcon 9 going up at a little after midnight tonight. That should rattle me out of bed earlier than I need to be.

https://spaceflightnow.com/launch-schedule/

Yeah, I know. I'm catching up around here. At this board you can get a year behind in a day!

• Like 2