R L C REPLAY, CAUTION

46 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

I fully agree with your assumption regarding RLC being aimed at the North American market, having said that, it would be interesting to know by how much the American market exceeds the European, do Europeans shy away from it because of the American time bias, although I personally am not affected by it whatsoever. What I believe is one of the only reasons people stay with RLC at this moment in time is because of their best asset...Leora,... although favourites are a subjective matter, without her they would I think struggle, it will be interesting to see what happens when she eventually decides to pack it all in, I wouldn't be surprised if it were during the next year, conversely I also would not be surprised to see her go on and on like a sad old boxer, who doesn't realise that his best days are behind him and his legs are gone. I hasten to add that in my humble opinion that day has not arrived yet, although sometimes I wonder if she still maintains the same enthusiasm as she used to have.  But when that day arrives I believe it will be a reality check for us and RLC and to a certain extent CC perhaps, as many of their members are Leora devotees....... Time will tell. 

Agree with every word. Well put. I wonder how they'd have got on had Leora not proven such a great asset from the start?....

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Howard said:

After my post a couple days ago, I started wondering how relevant RLC is in the 'voyeur' arena. Specifically, are they losing 'market share' to VH, Camarads, and the other 20..30..40+ sites that offer the same smut.

Unofficial of course, we have to use the only data we have - and that's CamCaps. If you take data from the last six months, you will see more people have migrated to VH forums then to RLC. Of course there are several reasons why.  But it gets down to.. 1. Service  2. Availability  3. Clientele.

1. Service:  Where does your monthly expense go further - with 23 RLC cams or 26 VH cams. Taking it a step further, how many apartments offer more residents (giving the subscriber a wider variety to choose from).  RLC: $30/month for only viewing 7 apartments. VH: $30/month for 26 apartments. Like buying a car, you can add to that buying other options for more apartments/features.  VH wins this battle buy a long mile.

2. Availability:  VH seems to have a directive that RLC does not:  Bang on camera as often as you can during a 24hr period.  *I* think VH requests that residents get frisky various parts of the day. They also ask of them to try and keep their "work schedule" aligned with US time zones.  Most apartments will frolic and bang until 5..6AM; which equates to 8-11PM US time (depending on time zone).  Viewership (like Twitter) is highest between 7-11PM in the US.  VH knows that.  RLC doesn't seem to have that directive. They also keep apartments longer then they should (those with minimal activity - Maya being an example). RLC reminds me of years gone by when JenniCam 'invested' use that term loosely) the voyeur cam.  VH wins this battle again by a large margin over RLC.

3. Clientele: There's no winner in this category.  Even though both sites have a left-leaning mentality, RLC caters more towards the sophisticated subscriber (based on their apartments). There are married couples, there are couples who are/have been committed to each other for a long time.   VH, as I see it, wants slutty people in their apartments (I'm not judging...at this moment). Slutty usually brings in more money.  While I/most (I assume) consider ourselves above bar, we want to live vicariously through the actions of others. While I don't want to bang on-line for all to see, I would jump at the chance (with my g/f permission, of course) to bang Leora, Lana, Clara or Grace.

I spent more time on this post then anticipated,....but it comes down to numbers ($ub$criber$). VH's business model, if they can tolerate the expense of having couples come & go frequently, works better then RLC.  RLC is like a boutique service company that wants to provide an 'enahnced user experience' at an enhanced price (aka BMW).  VH is more like a Toyota where they want to offer value to the common person.  Toyota outsell BMW by a wide margin. 

Based on CC forum participants, that's how I come to that conclusion.  RLC needs to "slut it up" more and add value to their product to justify the high cost for controlled & moderate business growth. VH, after throwing money into the business to see what works, finally figured out they wants more market share and that means offer more variety at a fair price.

I can't answer for all the appartment because I spend little time watching them, but I have noticed with the L & P apartment that she   seems to have changed her habits to coincide with something or someone, perhaps I am imagining it but I thought she used to play  between 1-30 to 3-30 pm and possibly 9-00 pm to 4-00 am sometimes later in the old days, she seems to want to waste time for some reason waiting for a particular moment,  and the pattern has changed more towards 3-00 - 7-00 pm. 

I realise that she is her own person and does as she likes, but I wonder if there is a specific reason for it, her choice or RLC instructions, or probably just coincidence. 🤔

• Like 1

Leora does have a routine but I don't think its in regard to the US market.  Indeed she generally plays between 1-4PM local time. But that's sleep time for the majority of US time zones (unlike VH, whose apartments play catering to evening US time zones).

If the past is any indication, her routine will change when it heats up.  She'll wake up a couple hours earlier and go get a sun tan. As for playing, that may be closer to the 4PM hour (local time).  But all this depends on Paul's schedule. She only plays when Paul's away.