Jump to content

R L C REPLAY, CAUTION


Recommended Posts

A snippet of cautionary information for anyone considering purchasing a period of days with RLC Replay. Once you have activated it, the days count down irrespective of if you use it or not. For instance, You purchase an 180 day package today, where it might be considered reasonable to think that you can use them in an ad-hoc basis, two days this week, one day next week, nothing for a week, and so forth..... forget it.....If you purchase today, no matter what, your entitlement will finish in 180 days time.

Personally, I believe that Replay  is a great addition used occasionally, but not every day perhaps, RLC should consider allowing the purchase to be open ended. failing that, then perhaps they should change the way it is marketed, and make it clear that it is a set period of time.

I know that some people will not agree with me concerning this, but that's life I guess.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

A snippet of cautionary information for anyone considering purchasing a period of days with RLC Replay. Once you have activated it, the days count down irrespective of if you use it or not. For instance, You purchase an 180 day package today, where it might be considered reasonable to think that you can use them in an ad-hoc basis, two days this week, one day next week, nothing for a week, and so forth..... forget it.....If you purchase today, no matter what, your entitlement will finish in 180 days time.

Personally, I believe that Replay  is a great addition used occasionally, but not every day perhaps, RLC should consider allowing the purchase to be open ended. failing that, then perhaps they should change the way it is marketed, and make it clear that it is a set period of time.

I know that some people will not agree with me concerning this, but that's life I guess.

I don't even see where they need to even charge for Replay. It should be incorporated in with the Monthly Subscription they charge.

All the other Sites VHTV, VV and Camarads include it within the Price of their Monthly Subscription no matter whether you Pay Monthly, 3 Months or 6 Months.  For RLC to charge an extra $30 a Month only constitutes a Cash Grab. If a person works all day why should they have to pay an extra $30 because they missed something. 

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

I don't even see where they need to even charge for Replay. It should be incorporated in with the Monthly Subscription they charge.

All the other Sites VHTV, VV and Camarads include it within the Price of their Monthly Subscription no matter whether you Pay Monthly, 3 Months or 6 Months.  For RLC to charge an extra $30 a Month only constitutes a Cash Grab. If a person works all day why should they have to pay an extra $30 because they missed something. 

I wrote to them recently and complained that they were simply profiteering, but as is normal with them I didn't receive an answer

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

I don't even see where they need to even charge for Replay. It should be incorporated in with the Monthly Subscription they charge.

All the other Sites VHTV, VV and Camarads include it within the Price of their Monthly Subscription no matter whether you Pay Monthly, 3 Months or 6 Months.  For RLC to charge an extra $30 a Month only constitutes a Cash Grab. If a person works all day why should they have to pay an extra $30 because they missed something. 

Perhaps a petition is required SC..

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you bought a 30 day subscription to Netflix and used Netflix maybe 6 days during that month, do you think you  should or would get credit for non used days? . How about Hulu or Amazon or just  about any other monthly service? It’s the same concept. I agree that RLC should have made it part of the monthky package but I don’t know why they’d make it Ad-hoc if no other business would.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Kkru394 said:

If you bought a 30 day subscription to Netflix and used Netflix maybe 6 days during that month, do you think you  should or would get credit for non used days? . How about Hulu or Amazon or just  about any other monthly service? It’s the same concept. I agree that RLC should have made it part of the monthky package but I don’t know why they’d make it Ad-hoc if no other business would.

It should be Ad -hoc because the person has already paid out for premium membership in the first place to qualify him to get replay. There is no comparison with your Netflix scenario.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

It should be Ad -hoc because the person has already paid out for premium membership in the first place to qualify him/her to get replay. There is no comparison with your Netflix scenario.

It also was not promoted as a monthly service.....but days purchased.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

It should be Ad -hoc because the person has already paid out for premium membership in the first place to qualify him to get replay. There is no comparison with your Netflix scenario.

Sure there is . It states Replay subscription on RLC’s website. True you need to buy the premium membership first but you also  have the option not to buy the replay subscription just like any other monthly subscription service. The only difference is it’s 10 days or 30 days or 90 days straight usage  instead of a month to month like the premium membership or Netflix

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Kkru394 said:

Sure there is . It states Replay subscription on RLC’s website. True you need to buy the premium membership first but you also  have the option not to buy the replay subscription just like any other monthly subscription service. The only difference is it’s 10 days or 30 days or 90 days straight usage  instead of a month to month like the premium membership or Netflix

My whole point is that they don't state that it is as you say " straight usage "  If they stated it then I missed it, or they have just added it. In either case its morally wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jimbo4 said:

My whole point is that they don't state that it is as you say " straight usage "  If they stated it then I missed it, or they have just added it. In either case its morally wrong.

In actual fact, For those who live in a time zone that is incompatible with watching Leora for instance, should be given the choice of either premium membership OR replay, it would in my opinion increase RLC's revenues, and be more acceptable to those interested in joining but being prevented by either time zones or extortionate profiteering by RLC . Charles Forte's doctrine of " pile it high and sell it cheap " comes to mind, and it made him a multi - millionaire. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jimbo4 said:

In actual fact, For those who live in a time zone that is incompatible with watching Leora for instance, should be given the choice of either premium membership OR replay, it would in my opinion increase RLC's revenues, and be more acceptable to those interested in joining, but being prevented by either time zones or extortionate profiteering by RLC . Charles Forte's doctrine of " pile it high and sell it cheap " comes to mind, and it made him a multi - millionaire. 

Either way, the topic made for interesting opinions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...