itsme

Military History and War Machines

I've always been somewhat of a history buff and I love war machines so here is a thread for it. 

Opening and eating a 1899 - 1902 British Emergency Ration

If you are ever in Central Florida, you would love this place. I spent many hours marveling at the restorations and the history kept here.

https://www.valiantaircommand.com/

• Like 1

Normally I would watch anything you post in this thread, but I will not watch our men that tried to take that beach without knowing that they were fixing to get slaughtered!

• Like 1

itsme--you just keep posting about this topic--maybe someone will learn something from it.

• Like 1

My interests in sci-fi and military science usually revolve around the effects of technological development and how we as humans interact with our technological abilities. Hence, I read voraciously about WW1, which is arguably the most important war when it comes to innovation in weaponry. For example:

• Like 1

I'm somewhat a fan of World War 1 aviation, especially Zeppelin airships. That section takes up a great deal of my bookshelves.

German-Zeppelins-Terrorizing-The-British-And-RAF-During-WW1-7.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, itsme said:

Ever heard of Ghost Tape 10? It was a psychological warfare track that was designed to scare the Viet Cong. It's definitely an interesting concept, I image that this would be quite scary for the enemy. 

https://science.howstuffworks.com/ghost-tape-no-10-haunted-mixtape-the-vietnam-war.htm

Some cultures are very superstitious, believe in the reading of cards and palms and all that stuff.  I personally do not believe in any of that stuff but due to the nature of some, I can see how something like that could be very effective!