Comments & Quotes from Picture & Video Topics - Related to Removed Content

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, golfer06 said:

mega stays until you remove it & allows you to store 50gb free. mab lasts 3 days.

Or, until RLC has it removed, whichever comes first, which usually
happens within 8-12 hours with mega, sometimes less.

Every time someone clicks a link in the RLC forum to download a file,
RLC gets wind of it and they go into overdrive to take the file down
from the host's servers. I believe RLC has automated this process
using scripts or some other method, so they don't have to manually
search for the active links in the forum.

That's why Nath uses copy & paste URLs, so as not to trigger that
process. This goes a long way in allowing the files to stay active
on the host's servers for a longer time period.

@nath75, please correct me if I got any of this wrong. Thanks.

1 hour ago, letsdothis said:

hi lets. thanks for trying to help. but it really doesn't matter. in a best case scenario the nofile vids take as long to d/l as about 10 vids d/l'd to other servers but they last longer. worst case scenario is that they take 10 times as long & then require more effort & then don't work anyway. when i am online i do a lot of shit at the same time & by the time the vid is done i've usually forgotten about it.nath has posted some good vids & i appreciate that but i like to have the things that i'n doing running smoothly & the nofile copy, paste , wait, open something else, fight to get that to work, get irritated, find out that the file is corrupted, shut down the pc because while it was trying to open the file things got frozen & then waiting to reboot, opening all of the things that i was working with again, then finding that stncld had made some of them available in a format that d/l'd in 1 few seconds, you get the idea. when rlc blocked me from seeing the free rooms 3 times & i had to use other programs to access it & couldn't post 1 pic without the same thing happening all over again i realized that it was no longer worth the effort. now i might, maybe, possibly, if absolutely nothing is happening anywhere else in any area of netlife that i'm interested in at that moment, maybe i'll check out rlc for a couple of minutes just to see that i haven't missed much, if anything. that's the point that i've reached with these vids. many appear at other suites after a little while & i can d/l them then. i know that it's better to get them sooner but it just isn't worth the effort right now. again thanks for your interest & have a gr8 day!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, letsdothis said:

When a Server Receives a DMCA Takedown Notice the Notice has to include a Clickable Link to the Recipient of the Server so there is a Direction leading to where the File is Sitting. If a Notice is sent without a Clickable Link Present the Server does not Necessarily have to Remove the Files in Question but to avoid any Confrontational Matters the File in Question is Removed Regardless. With all the Editing Software's on the Market I am sure that RLC is on the Up to have the know how of making a Link Clickable even though the page shows a Copy & Paste Link. The Operators at RLC are not that Obtuse. They have a Right to Protect their Personal Copyrights and they go through Great Lengths to do so as everyone on the Forum see's on a Daily Basis.

Some Servers being used takes RLC a little bit of time to get to some of them which gives the File a little Longer Life but once they have that Communication with the Server then the remaining Files Posted at a Later Date will be Removed a lot quicker, usually within a Day. You can't beat them at their game no matter how hard you try. I myself have been on this Forum for Four and a Half Years and they haven't been beaten yet. As long as a Picture or Video is Posted Openly they eventually got you strung up by the Short & Curlies. As many know I used to Post a lot of Files Openly in my time and I have been subject to RLC's brutality as well. I still Post Files but I Post them elsewhere and not Openly.

In the End a Server must comply with DMCA Takedown Notices as any Defiance the Servers are at Risk of being Shutdown and no Server likes to be Shutdown.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

If a Notice is sent without a Clickable Link Present the Server does not Necessarily have to Remove the Files in Question but to avoid any Confrontational Matters the File in Question is Removed Regardless

So, if you put a file (zipped with pwd, etc...) with the results of the Football World Cup, via an information other than a link, in RLC Forum, the server will also removes it !

But if you put the same file informations (even with a link) in another forum (e.g. sport forum), the file will stay for ever because no DMCA Request !?

The server has to make investigation (new and hard work for them) to be sure RLC request is right. And then these servers either trust RLC or have to check what are really the files because of a DMCA Request.

So try to put the Results of the World Cup and see what happens !!!

And even better, put 100 files on the server with only one with a video from RLC. What will do this server !?

There is something silly even if I understand what RLC do for their business.

1 hour ago, golfer06 said:

hi lets. thanks for trying to help. but it really doesn't matter. in a best case scenario the nofile vids take as long to d/l as about 10 vids d/l'd to other servers but they last longer. worst case scenario is that they take 10 times as long & then require more effort & then don't work anyway. when i am online i do a lot of shit at the same time & by the time the vid is done i've usually forgotten about it.nath has posted some good vids & i appreciate that but i like to have the things that i'n doing running smoothly & the nofile copy, paste , wait, open something else, fight to get that to work, get irritated, find out that the file is corrupted, shut down the pc because while it was trying to open the file things got frozen & then waiting to reboot, opening all of the things that i was working with again, then finding that stncld had made some of them available in a format that d/l'd in 1 few seconds, you get the idea. when rlc blocked me from seeing the free rooms 3 times & i had to use other programs to access it & couldn't post 1 pic without the same thing happening all over again i realized that it was no longer worth the effort. now i might, maybe, possibly, if absolutely nothing is happening anywhere else in any area of netlife that i'm interested in at that moment, maybe i'll check out rlc for a couple of minutes just to see that i haven't missed much, if anything. that's the point that i've reached with these vids. many appear at other suites after a little while & i can d/l them then. i know that it's better to get them sooner but it just isn't worth the effort right now. again thanks for your interest & have a gr8 day!

I understand. Thanks, you do the same.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, letsdothis said:

q49o.gif

• Like 1