Jump to content

Places of Interest


HarleyFatboy
 Share

Recommended Posts

48 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Has anyone ever been to Hamnoy Lofoten islands Norway?  If so, is it as beautiful as the pictures i've seen of it?

cutout.png.79fda1fdce96ef66da13b37c35e40bc5.png

I'm still trying to get out of my basement. Does the"Hagie Store count? They're from India. Hehe - Rarely, one will find a basement in Florida because of the water level. I personally, love Canada,  amount other Countries I've visited. To explore and meet people off the beaten tracks is, first of all, seizing the opportunity to meet aboriginal communities, discover their way of life. Visit isolated villages and come to understand better their customs and traditions. In short, it is an unforgettable experience, allowing exceptional encounters while being close to nature. From coast to coast, each province will seduce you in its own way and have many surprises await you! Incredible encounters are to come and various outdoor activities are very popular, especially during winter. Cloud lives in Canada.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had to look up the "Hagie Store" and I assume you mean the one in Norway?  I also loved Canada for the short time I was there.  They really welcomed us with open arms and I got to know the hotel manager and several of the hotel staff really well.  He invited us up to his penthouse one night for drinks to watch a concert from the top of the Hotel....it was amazing to say the least!!  I liked the UK for a visit but I wouldn't want to live there.  There are amazing sights to see in Canada and UK that's for sure and the cultures are similar yet quite a bit different.  I could live in Canada with all the hunting and fishing opportunities it provides as long as I could get used to the harsh winters.  I met a lot of people in both of those visits and can go back anytime with lodging available for nothing.  All it would take is the air fair but unfortunately my cardiologist doesn't want me flying if at all possible.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Norwegian friends have explained that the latitude, climate, land and beauty are much like Alaska & British Columbia. I have not been to Norway, but I've spent time in Alaska & Canada and they're great in spring and summer. The fishing is nothing short of amazing. I suspect it's also quite good in Norway.

If you can't fly, I suggest winning the lottery and doing a cruise. (With maybe a stop off in Barcelona just for kicks. 😜.)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

My Norwegian friends have explained that the latitude, climate, land and beauty are much like Alaska & British Columbia. I have not been to Norway, but I've spent time in Alaska & Canada and they're great in spring and summer. The fishing is nothing short of amazing. I suspect it's also quite good in Norway.

If you can't fly, I suggest winning the lottery and doing a cruise. (With maybe a stop off in Barcelona just for kicks. 😜.)

I've seen lots of beautiful pictures of places in Norway and it's a place that I always wanted to go but my life changed a lot 10 years ago and I just lost the desire to do so.  I've never been to Alaska, my son has twice but I never have.  He brought back a ton of amazing pictures from his trips and it looks spectacular!  If I ever did go to Alaska I would want to catch a humongous Halibut and pack it down in dry ice and overnight that sucker to my house lol.  I've found that fishing is nothing short of amazing no matter where I go......I just like to fish 🙂

You know what Foamy, even if I won the lottery I probably still wouldn't go on another cruise.  I've been on one and everything was so time oriented that I didn't particularly care for it.  The food on the cruise was great and I enjoyed some of the shows but I just don't like being on a time schedule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

If anybody has suggestions for fun things to do on Maui, Hawaii, let me know.

A friend of mine has been and really enjoyed the whale watching tour they had and also enjoyed snorkeling a lot.  I've never been so I can't help you unfortunately.  I'm sure they have some kind of bill fishing services there that you might want to check out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

 

...You know what Foamy, even if I won the lottery I probably still wouldn't go on another cruise.  I've been on one and everything was so time oriented that I didn't particularly care for it.  The food on the cruise was great and I enjoyed some of the shows but I just don't like being on a time schedule.

Win a big lotto prize then. Buy your own yacht. I'll join you in the ship's bar and we'll snag plenty of fish whenever we want.

I have several ladies in mind for your all female crew so we won't have to bother with the day-to-day routines. (Insert panting, frothing dirty-old-man emoticon here.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Win a big lotto prize then. Buy your own yacht. I'll join you in the ship's bar and we'll snag plenty of fish whenever we want.

I have several ladies in mind for your all female crew so we won't have to bother with the day-to-day routines. (Insert panting, frothing dirty-old-man emoticon here.)

if i ever do when the lottery i will purchase a yacht and we WILL have a grand old time.  Just make sure at least one of the crew is a doctor LOL.  We then could each put some money in a pot which goes to the person that caught the biggest fish :).....you panting, frothing, dirty old man you lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Win a big lotto prize then. Buy your own yacht. I'll join you in the ship's bar and we'll snag plenty of fish whenever we want.

I have several ladies in mind for your all female crew so we won't have to bother with the day-to-day routines. (Insert panting, frothing dirty-old-man emoticon here.)

 

6 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

if i ever do when the lottery i will purchase a yacht and we WILL have a grand old time.  Just make sure at least one of the crew is a doctor LOL.  We then could each put some money in a pot which goes to the person that caught the biggest fish :).....you panting, frothing, dirty old man you lol.

Not quite sure what kind of fish you both are talking about  (doesn't sound like the kind that lives in the water) 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...