Neil Peart passes away

ashleyxyz

The drummer for one of my favorite bands of all time, passed away this week. Neil Peart of Rush is the best drummer I've ever heard or saw live. My Dad has every album made by Rush, and we listened to them and other records when he was doing work in our basement. I used to know every lyric and could could play "air drums" with all the guys at the one concert i saw them. He took me to see them for their 30th anniversary tour. It was around eighth grade. It was amazing and I probably spent half the show with my mouth hanging open in awe. I think it's a great loss for the music industry, although he was officially retired. Any other Rush fans on here, let me here from you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

The drummer for one of my favorite bands of all time, passed away this week. Neil Peart of Rush is the best drummer I've ever heard or saw live. My Dad has every album made by Rush, and we listened to them and other records when he was doing work in our basement. I used to know every lyric and could could play "air drums" with all the guys at the one concert i saw them. He took me to see them for their 30th anniversary tour. It was around eighth grade. It was amazing and I probably spent half the show with my mouth hanging open in awe. I think it's a great loss for the music industry, although he was officially retired. Any other Rush fans on here, let me here from you!

I posted about his sad death last night Ash, although it was off topic. Thank you for this.He will be a great loss. I saw them twice, during their earlier era, which I preferred, tbh...
I remember not long after getting into rock in the 70's, walking into a record shop, not knowing what to buy...probably some early Status Quo or Thin Lizzy. The guy was playing a live album that blew me away...I said 'What the fuck is that?' I bought it there and then. It was 'All the World's a Stage'...still 1 of the greatest live albums of all time, imo...Over the following umpteen years they became a highly polished unit...an incredible sound for just 3 guys at the very top of their profession...but I loved the rawness of the earlier stuff...

Maybe we could form a 'virtual Rush' cover band, Ash, because I can play a lot of Alex's stuff on air guitar 😉

Sorry for repeating myself guys but...RIP ❤️

Image result for RIP drums

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

There is a JukeBox over at Old Dude's. Share links to your favorites songs there in honor of this musicians you have enjoyed over the years.

Look for JukeBox split 6. Share.

Hey Foamy, hows everything? Happy New year! I'm going to check out JukeBox right now