Should Amy3 be made into a moderator?

Amy3

Should Amy3 be promoted to be a forum moderator?   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Amy3 be made a mod?

• Yes, that's a no brainier!
    • Hell no, are you fucking joking!

24 minutes ago, happyone said:

I may be wrong, but I think that becoming a Mod is by invitation only by the existing Mods and perhaps the Admin.  

Only the Mods can shed a light as the the correct answer. 

Without expressing that interest, the invitation would never happen or should I say...should never happen.

• Like 1

Just now, happyone said:

Wait---are you saying they should never invite Amy to be a Mod???  Confused----

I'm saying that unless a person expresses the interest to be a Mod, there should be no invitation.  I would rather have someone that wants to be a Mod instead of soliciting for a Mod.

• Like 2

Just now, HarleyFatboy said:

I'm saying that unless a person expresses the interest to be a Mod, there should be no invitation.  I would rather have someone that wants to be a Mod instead of soliciting for a Mod.

OK---good point---but who would make the decision to allow that person to be a Mod and put them in the position if it is not the Admin or the other Mods-???  At this point in time, there are no free elections

for that Mod position--only appointments or invitations.  But that does not preclude someone asking to be a Mod, however, whether or not that person is allowed currently rests with those holding the power. 

• Like 1

Just now, happyone said:

OK---good point---but who would make the decision to allow that person to be a Mod and put them in the position if it is not the Admin or the other Mods-???  At this point in time, there are no free elections

for that Mod position--only appointments or invitations.  But that does not preclude someone asking to be a Mod, however, whether or not that person is allowed currently rests with those holding the power. 

I agree with you that the ultimate decision comes down to the Admin with input from the current Mods.  I'm saying that if someone wants to be a Mod, they need to come forward and express their desire to do so.

Anyway, I'm fixing to leave to go to a Super Bowl party so have fun with RLC tonight!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Dakota0526 said:

Amy3 has not shown the ability to be fair and impartial in her posts, so how would making her a Mod be a good idea?  She is the type to penalize those she disagrees with.  I vote an emphatic NO.

Neither have you, however, I get it that you do not want to be a mod--just continue to be the troll--which would scare you if she did become a mod--

2 minutes ago, Amy3 said:

Yes, I would agree that it's always up to them to decide who deserves the postiion if it's needed, but surely anyone can say that they would be interested. I was mostly curious to know how people on this board would feel about me being a moderator, not that a successful poll would mean a job offer. I even appreciate the people who think it would be a bad idea saying so. I can definitely see why they would feel that way. Does a moderator have to be fair? I don't really see that as the main job fuction. People seem to think of a successful moderator as a person who would treat them fairly, not so much would the person treat the forum fairly.  A moderator has to have the success of the forum in mind above all. The best moderator is the one who no one knows is moderating. Almost all of the moderators here have clashed with members. Surely those members don't feel like they were treated fairly. I have seen myself plently of occasions where the moderators have mishandled situtations and sunk into the muck themselves. No one is perfect! What you want in a moderator isn't fairness exactly, it's a peson who can see the bigger picture and can deflect the direction of things in a way that steers the flow back into place that best serves the interest of the forum. They say people can't change, but that's bullshit, people change all the time. I'm quite certain that all of the current moderators are not the same as they were when they were just members. Oh well, it would have been interesting I think.

Never give up!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, happyone said:

Neither have you, however, I get it that you do not want to be a mod--just continue to be the troll--which would scare you if she did become a mod--

Hey asshole....Despite what you may think (?), this is only one of hundreds of posting sites for me.  I couldn't give two fucks if they blew me out of here.  It's 95% MAGAt any way.

Just now, Dakota0526 said:

Hey asshole....Despite what you may think (?), this is only one of hundreds of posting sites for me.  I couldn't give two fucks if they blew me out of here.  It's 95% MAGAt any way.

I just love it when you talk that way---shows your intelligence 😏

Maybe you are correct--the smart people are MAGA along with Trump (this belongs in the US Domestic politics thread anyway)