Should Amy3 be made into a moderator?

Amy3

Should Amy3 be promoted to be a forum moderator?   

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should Amy3 be made a mod?

• Yes, that's a no brainier!
    • Hell no, are you fucking joking!

2 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Yes, I would agree that it's always up to them to decide who deserves the postiion if it's needed, but surely anyone can say that they would be interested. I was mostly curious to know how people on this board would feel about me being a moderator, not that a successful poll would mean a job offer. I even appreciate the people who think it would be a bad idea saying so. I can definitely see why they would feel that way. Does a moderator have to be fair? I don't really see that as the main job fuction. People seem to think of a successful moderator as a person who would treat them fairly, not so much would the person treat the forum fairly.  A moderator has to have the success of the forum in mind above all. The best moderator is the one who no one knows is moderating. Almost all of the moderators here have clashed with members. Surely those members don't feel like they were treated fairly. I have seen myself plently of occasions where the moderators have mishandled situtations and sunk into the muck themselves. No one is perfect! What you want in a moderator isn't fairness exactly, it's a peson who can see the bigger picture and can deflect the direction of things in a way that steers the flow back into place that best serves the interest of the forum. They say people can't change, but that's bullshit, people change all the time. I'm quite certain that all of the current moderators are not the same as they were when they were just members. Oh well, it would have been interesting I think.

This sounds like what you have been accusing other forum users of doing recently, complaining they have been "stifling" other members opinions by thinking they know better and have vested interests! Amy, you know I respect you and your views but you can't have it both ways!

• Like 1

The point is that you don't have to be a fan of any of the platforms/sites to be a good mod because CC is supposed to be a commentary on them, not a supporter, apologist or promoter of them! So in my own opinion a good mod should only be interested in the fairness and equal treatment shown on the forum to all members in the pursuit of interesting debate.

• Like 1

Just now, jjkopite said:

The point is that you don't have to be a fan of any of the platforms/sites to be a good mod because CC is supposed to be a commentary on them, not a supporter, apologist or promoter of them! So in my own opinion a good mod should only be interested in the fairness and equal treatment shown on the forum to all members in the pursuit of interesting debate.

Yeah...we've seen how that works!!

Just now, jjkopite said:

Well, if it works what's the problem?

the point is, is that it doesn't work!  it's a forum that is very limited to what you can say and is policed with an iron fist as to protect a bunch of tenants that are fully grown.  there is way to much censorship with this forum concerning the tenants.  their social media accounts should not have to go through a PM system for those that want them.  myself, i could care less about their social media accounts but i know others that follow them religiously.  keep the talk of the tenants in the apartments, what a fucking joke when the tenants spend more awake time out of the fucking apartments than they do in them!!!  these tenants need protection from a bunch of old age perverts?????............MY ASS!!

Just now, HarleyFatboy said:

the point is, is that it doesn't work!  it's a forum that is very limited to what you can say and is policed with an iron fist as to protect a bunch of tenants that are fully grown.  there is way to much censorship with this forum concerning the tenants.  their social media accounts should not have to go through a PM system for those that want them.  myself, i could care less about their social media accounts but i know others that follow them religiously.  keep the talk of the tenants in the apartments, what a fucking joke when the tenants spend more awake time out of the fucking apartments than they do in them!!!  these tenants need protection from a bunch of old age perverts?????............MY ASS!!

No they don't need protection, just kicking out!

18 hours ago, Amy3 said:

I tend to agree. So much of this forum is a one style fits all kind of idea. The moderators here reinforce a particular style of speech and tolerate to a point speech that goes against the grain. There’s a reason you and I haven’t been banned. Can you guess what that reason is? No need to guess, we create content that’s why. Same reason this Trump hater is allowed to exist. He is creating content.  

This forum is very vanilla. It’s scared of itself and because of that it allows the “right style” posters to set the tone for everyone else because it keeps the tickets at bay. It’s the happy wife happy life style of moderation. It’s easy and therefore it becomes the standard. By in large the moderators here have it very easy. The unfortunate downside is that it makes for a very plain and boring forum.

I think that the moderation in this forum has taken a step back from the strict enforcement, bans, and time outs that existed say 6 months ago.  Everyone recently has been able to post whatever they want regarding content and even

trashing and insulting other members of the forums.  The only exception as Harley pointed out is the protection of the tenants, which may be an agreement with RLC--but maybe not.  In any event, knowing everything about each and every

tenant is not necessary for viewing them on cam.  IMO the only thing we need to know in CC is what the tenants do on cam.  If someone wants to follow their social medias or find out other personal things about the tenants, then

that is their right, but it should be kept private. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Amy3 said:

I tend to agree. So much of this forum is a one style fits all kind of idea. The moderators here reinforce a particular style of speech and tolerate to a point speech that goes against the grain. There’s a reason you and I haven’t been banned. Can you guess what that reason is? No need to guess, we create content that’s why. Same reason this Trump hater is allowed to exist. He is creating content.  

This forum is very vanilla. It’s scared of itself and because of that it allows the “right style” posters to set the tone for everyone else because it keeps the tickets at bay. It’s the happy wife happy life style of moderation. It’s easy and therefore it becomes the standard. By in large the moderators here have it very easy. The unfortunate downside is that it makes for a very plain and boring forum.

This forum is vanilla and this we can agree.  I do know why I'm here and get away with things I post.....let me clarify, 99% of what I post needs no reinforcement and is loaded with content IMO, the other 1% at times can be a little more harsh and over the years i've spent quite a lot of time with my nose stuck in a corner, and for what?  A grown ass man with his own thoughts having his nose stuck in a corner...go figger!!

Yes, this forum is for those than can keep the moderators duties down to a minimum and therefore it can be very boring and plain with minimal quality posts about the tenants that would generate much more verbiage if it wasn't the way it is now.  Ever since RLC scared the hell out of the admin and a few others and made them take away the photo and video postings, the forum has suffered tremendously and the hierarchy has become lazy when it comes to wanting to run the forum and encourage posters to post.  I could keep going but I will refrain, i have other threads to lose my breath in.

• Upvote 1