B1 Girls on Vacation - General Topic 2020 #6 (March)

On 3/18/2020 at 2:28 AM, corvette84 said:

Really? Do you live in the USA? I can't even get toilet paper in the store because of this bullshit.

No one has ever died from a lack of toilet paper. There is no actual issue, at least not as long as there is still running water.

What disturbs me much more is a second trend in the USA. People are stocking up on firearms and ammunition. That's fucked up.  

33 minutes ago, Alladino said:

No one has ever died from a lack of toilet paper. There is no actual issue, at least not as long as there is still running water.

What disturbs me much more is a second trend in the USA. People are stocking up on firearms and ammunition. That's fucked up.  

I already have enough firearms and ammunition. 😃

18 hours ago, corvette84 said:

I have just seen what you are talking about. The young people in Florida are ignoring this for spring break.     https://www.breitbart.com/health/2020/03/18/spring-breakers-ignore-coronavirus-precautions-if-i-get-corona-i-get-corona/

Prediction for Madrid city: 80% will be infected. If Barcelona is likewise the girls are in high risk. At the same time the beaches in California are stuffed with americans mixed with tourists, all totally unaware of the danger. This is a disaster in slow motion.

These are not nice forecasts. We are now entering phase 2. From single cases to clusters. Then comes phase 3 with increasing epidemic, and phase 4 with full epidemic. Phase 5 from August to December where the epidemic gradually decreases

330011440_Noldus2020-03-1916-28-33-847.jpg.17380103067d8cd0d5611f4af88654ae.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Noldus said:

These are not nice forecasts. We are now entering phase 2. From single cases to clusters. Then comes phase 3 with increasing epidemic, and phase 4 with full epidemic. Phase 5 from August to December where the epidemic gradually decreases

For the hospitals to keep on functioning it's vital to keep the numbers down or it will break down as in Italy. Strong restrictions fast is the only way to go.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Alladino said:

That way it's easier for them to rob folk of their toilet roll...:dodgy:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alladino said:

Oh please, that is completely normal for this country. If aliens invaded we would do two things, drop interest rates and buy ammo. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, northguy said:

For the hospitals to keep on functioning it's vital to keep the numbers down or it will break down as in Italy. Strong restrictions fast is the only way to go.

Yes, I fear Sweden and UK are in for a hard treat. Not to mention USA, where they don't even have a functioning universal healthcare system. Italy, Spain and France might actually have reacted way too late. Denmark and Norway closed down everything instantly, even before we had a single serious case, so let us hope that will make the wave that is coming abit milder here.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ed2 said:

Yes, I fear Sweden and UK are in for a hard treat. Not to mention USA, where they don't even have a functioning universal healthcare system. Italy, Spain and France might actually have reacted way too late. Denmark and Norway closed down everything instantly, even before we had a single serious case, so let us hope that will make the wave that is coming abit milder here.

ed we have very best healthcare in the world hands down, that is why everyone in the world comes here for our healthcare system. Universal healthcare is not the answer.... My wife battled cancer for over 5 years with 3 major surgeries 2 rounds of chemo and radiation. The very first time she went to the emergency room she was diagnosed with colon cancer and went straight to surgery that day. The next day she was in recovery when her oncologist paid his first visit and outlined the plan for her recovery,  and within 2 weeks from that visit she was having her first round of chemotherapy. My total payments out a 1.7 million dollar medical bill was a little over 5 thousand dollars. I currently pay 12% federal taxes and 6.5 % States and local taxes for a total of 18.5% of gross income in taxes, now you tell what is right and what is wrong.

I have a employee who's mother died while waiting in Great Britain waiting to see an oncologist after being diagnosed with stage four colon cancer. It was almost nine months later and still no plan to save her life. He will tell you the universal health sucks compared to the healthcare in America.

• Like 1