What's for dinner?

TBG 150

I have to repeat my favourite meal would be 'Fish & Chips and Mushy Peas' wrapped in newspaper. The fish has to be Haddock from the North Sea!

by heck lad tha knows ow to urt sumone! its bin over a year since I've had the best meal in t'world!!

Still, I settle for second best, a Neopolitan Margareta Pizza seen as I live here.

Having fresh grown tomatoes is the key to the sauce. Not this hot house stuff you find in the stores today. One of my mom's neighbors is a gardener. Fresh everything. The Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Garlic, Onions, all of it. The only thing I have to buy is the Olive Oil the pasta and any meat that you would want in it.

I like to use ground chuck or sirloin and also some beef short ribs. This gives the stock a nice flavor. And it's cooked all day in a slow cooker.

Pretty rare that I eat skippy, most supermarkets sell it now, but I prefer a good rump.

With it being so plentiful, I'm surprised they haven't been selling it longer. But I'm sure it's awful gamy tasting and tough unless properly prepared.

And what man doesn't like a good rump?  :D

Saturday night yielded a nice fat rare sirloin on the grille with a 1lb baked tater cooked the same way. Wrap the tater in heavy gage aluminum foil with coarse ground salt and a few butter pats and roll it a 1/4 turn every 10 mins for an hour over medium heat.

Sumbitch that's good chow.

post-14283-145739603718_thumb.gif

Guest Squirrel

Tonight it's tri-tip. I'll probably slow smoke it for several hours using apple  and hickory wood, basting occasionally with bbq sauce. The plan is then to quick grill the veggies.