Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

1 minute ago, moos54 said:

What your point?
I just put the summary of an article from a study done in England
Two days before I read another study saying the same thing from the United States which does not come from The Lancet

it's a shame that you can't see the truth about this drug, most studies tend to say that this drug has the same effect as a placebo

Now if you prefer to believe that taking this medicine can save your life, good to you, take it and walk around as you wish while hoping that it will be effective but without having any real guarantees, because that is what the most important end is having the guarantee of having a drug that can save lives, see all lives

My point is that you are happy that the study shows the drug does work. Why? You don't want a cure for covid-19? I will be happy when ANY drug works against covid-19.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

My point is that you are happy that the study shows the drug does work. Why? You don't want a cure for covid-19? I will be happy when ANY drug works against covid-19.

how you come to the conclusion that i am happy that this study proves that this drug has no more effect than a haribo candy, especially that each time I simply copy and paste articles

If there were studies on other drugs, I would do exactly the same because the goal is simply to inform about advances in research on covid, which still allows in the long term to find a vaccine, which will save lives

I do not even give my opinion on the thing, but I simply allow to keep a critical spirit because I quickly understood that there was not yet a magic treatment and that it is dangerous to believe it

• Like 2

For example, I find it dangerous to have a speech saying that this or that drug can save from covid when there is not yet a study on the subject that can scientifically prove these statements
It is dangerous because it gives people hope and it allows them to take more risk against this virus by thinking they are immune
Because in the end, if it is proven that these drugs have no effect against having and giving back the virus, then it will have the effect of having caused even more unnecessary deaths.

It may be silly to say and I do not wish it on anyone, nor do I want to hurt anyone, but I think that some people on the planet should perhaps have this virus to finally stop saying or doing bullshit

• Like 4

I just read the article on the Recovery Study. The study was done on hospitalized patients. The lead author of the study, Professor Martin Landray said, "the results do not necessarily mean the tablets cannot prevent people from catching Covid-19 in the first place, which several studies are still investigating."   The doctors I've seen in the U.S. who have had the most success with hydroxychloroquine treat patients in the early stages of the disease before they have been hospitalized.   Lets see what these other studies show.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, moos54 said:

how you come to the conclusion that i am happy that this study proves that this drug has no more effect than a haribo candy, especially that each time I simply copy and paste articles

If there were studies on other drugs, I would do exactly the same because the goal is simply to inform about advances in research on covid, which still allows in the long term to find a vaccine, which will save lives

I do not even give my opinion on the thing, but I simply allow to keep a critical spirit because I quickly understood that there was not yet a magic treatment and that it is dangerous to believe it

Because you are happy about any news that reflects negatively on hydroxychloroquine. Just like the people who wrote the DAILY MAIL article are happy which is evidenced by the DAILY MAIL's headline, " Hydroxychloroquine does NOT treat Covid-19 : Biggest study into the Donald Trump-backed anti-malaria drug is ended with 'immediate effect' after researchers found it made no difference."  Why the need to include Trump's name in the headline?  Because they hate Trump and will publicize anything that reflects negatively on him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Because you are happy about any news that reflects negatively on hydroxychloroquine. Just like the people who wrote the DAILY MAIL article are happy which is evidenced by the DAILY MAIL's headline, " Hydroxychloroquine does NOT treat Covid-19 : Biggest study into the Donald Trump-backed anti-malaria drug is ended with 'immediate effect' after researchers found it made no difference."  Why the need to include Trump's name in the headline?  Because they hate Trump and will publicize anything that reflects negatively on him. 

It's funny I didn't see you respond to the article I copied / pasted saying that the WHO was resuming clinical trials on this drug two days ago

It is unfortunate that you do not see that nobody is happy to see that everyone has been on the wrong track with this drug for several months, maybe if it had not been so publicized then we would not be in the situation we are currently experiencing

for what it's worth, Trump manages to get bad publicity all by himself like a big boy right now

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SPYING 1 said:

spacer.png

The George Floyd protests have proven how phony the news media and establishment have been in touting the covid-19 economic shutdown. They attacked the people who marched in protests against the shutdown for spreading the virus. But the same people openly support the George Floyd protests, totally ignoring the covid-19 risks. Also, the shutdown regulations in many states have stopped gatherings in churches, but at the memorial for George Floyd yesterday the church was packed with people. And data has shown that Black people are more at risk from covid-19 than are White people,.:huh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, moos54 said:

It's funny I didn't see you respond to the article I copied / pasted saying that the WHO was resuming clinical trials on this drug two days ago

It is unfortunate that you do not see that nobody is happy to see that everyone has been on the wrong track with this drug for several months, maybe if it had not been so publicized then we would not be in the situation we are currently experiencing

for what it's worth, Trump manages to get bad publicity all by himself like a big boy right now

Has everyone been on the wrong track with this drug?   Why would doctors who have spent their lives working to cure diseases and save lives continue to treat their patients with a drug unless they knew that the drug works? When a doctor repeats a treatment numerous times and continues to get the same result does that not count for something? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Has everyone been on the wrong track with this drug?   Why would doctors who have spent their lives working to cure diseases and save lives continue to treat their patients with a drug unless they knew that the drug works? When a doctor repeats a treatment numerous times and continues to get the same result does that not count for something? 

do you understand the concept of a study? do you also understand the use of a placebo during a treatment protocol? you see, these same doctors sometimes give sugar to their patients to know the effects of drugs and therefore treatments

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, moos54 said:

do you understand the concept of a study? do you also understand the use of a placebo during a treatment protocol? you see, these same doctors sometimes give sugar to their patients to know the effects of drugs and therefore treatments

Yes. I understand the scientific process. But the studies you have cited are about specific treatment processes, and almost all studies were of hospitalized patients. I'm waiting for results of studies which use the treatment procedures of doctors who have had success with the drug in treating covid-19. And again, why would doctors continue to treat their patients with a drug if they were not having positive results from the treatment? Double blind studies are the "Gold Standard" of scientific research, but they are not the only standard.  Was there ever a double blind study done to validate using penicillin to treat syphilis?  Were there double blind studies to validate the original successful small pox vaccinations? Was the original successful treatment for rabies subjected to a double blind study?   Do you deny that those treatments work?

• Confused 1