#BLACK_LIVES_MATTER #1

Guest hacıvat

1 hour ago, nagachilli2 said:

If he shot him in the leg and brought him down, he wouldn't be tazering anyone...

Unfortunately, while watching the video, he trying tazing the officer before he fired his weapon,  It would have been even worse IMO if he shot the man before he tried to tazer the officer while running, even though he committed several felonies and the officers according to the law (from what I read) could use deadly force. However, after the tazer was discharged, the man no longer had a weapon that was of any use, and the officers could have pursued him, called for backup, overpowering him to arrest him and take him into custody.

Edited by happyone
read article on shooting in leg and changed opinion and deleted shooting in leg part
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, happyone said:

Unfortunately, while watching the video, he trying tazing the officer before he fired his weapon,  It would have been even worse IMO if he shot the man before he tried to tazer the officer while running, even though he committed several felonies and the officers according to the law (from what I read) could use deadly force. However, after the tazer was discharged, the man no longer had a weapon that was of any use, and the officers could have pursued him, called for backup, overpowering him to arrest him and take him into custody.

As I understand it, a tazer is not considered a deadly weapon. The situation was not life-threatening and therefore there was no reason to kill the guy. 

It should also be noted that the police had frisked the guy before attempting his arrest. So they knew he only had the tazor and nothing else. 

My goodness, the man was drunk and ran away. No need to shoot anybody. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alladino said:

As I understand it, a tazer is not considered a deadly weapon. The situation was not life-threatening and therefore there was no reason to kill the guy. 

It should also be noted that the police had frisked the guy before attempting his arrest. So they knew he only had the tazor and nothing else. 

My goodness, the man was drunk and ran away. No need to shoot anybody. 

No need to resist arrest either.  None of this would have happened if the guy had cooperated with the police. 

4 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

No need to resist arrest either.  None of this would have happened if the guy had cooperated with the police. 

Wouldnt have happened if your society wasn't that obsessed with firearms either. So why kill the guy am sure your officers are capable of restraining someone without shooting them dead.

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Wouldnt have happened if your society wasn't that obsessed with firearms either. So why kill the guy am sure your officers are capable of restraining someone without shooting them dead.

Evidently with just the 2 officers, that was not possible---he overpowered them and ran.  But they could have chased him, called for more officers, then tackled him and then arrest him. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

The whole thing is really simple: No danger --> No self-defence!

The fact that the two policemen let a drunken man take them by surprise makes the whole event look even worse for the police. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Robwin said:

No excuse from either party's.

The first reaction from any american police officer is get the gun out which is rather a sad reflection on society really or the inbred police training.

37 minutes ago, Robwin said:

The first reaction from any american police officer is get the gun out which is rather a sad reflection on society really or the inbred police training.

That is just not true----maybe you should watch the video of what happened.   The police officer did not unholster his weapon until the man aimed and shot the taser at him.

Any reasonable person, if they were armed, and were attacked and actually feared for their life, would shoot the offender. That does not mean shooting someone wielding a knife standing more than an arms length,  an obviously unarmed person

who throws a punch, or someone running away from you.