#BLACK_LIVES_MATTER #1

Guest hacıvat

2 hours ago, maxfactor said:

Police are trained NOT to fire warning shots.  They are also not trained to wound.

As long as the traing does not aim to shoot defenceless people, that's fine. But the point here is that a policeman has shot someone without his life being threatened. 

2 hours ago, jjkopite said:

Murder is murder wherever it is committed, not just in the US. I worked on a project with Detroit PD for 6 months so I did witness some frontline policing and I saw good officers reacting very quickly to changing situations but I also saw some officers actually make situations worse with their attitudes and behaviors. Unfortunately you will always have good and bad in any organisation!  

True, but according to the Georgia law, this was not murder.  But I guess this DA wants to try to convict on an invalid charge of murder in order to satisfy a mob mentality and hopefully save his political ass. 

Murder laws in Georgia

Georgia Murder Laws. When someone takes the life of another, regardless of intent or other details surrounding the incident, it is called a homicide. In Georgia, murder is the most severe type of homicide because it is planned and was done on purpose with some type evil intent.
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, happyone said:

True, but according to the Georgia law, this was not murder.  But I guess this DA wants to try to convict on an invalid charge of murder in order to satisfy a mob mentality and hopefully save his political ass. 

Murder laws in Georgia

Georgia Murder Laws. When someone takes the life of another, regardless of intent or other details surrounding the incident, it is called a homicide. In Georgia, murder is the most severe type of homicide because it is planned and was done on purpose with some type evil intent.

Same as anywhere else i would imagine certainly is in the uk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alladino said:

As long as the traing does not aim to shoot defenceless people, that's fine. But the point here is that a policeman has shot someone without his life being threatened. 

Easy for you to say because you weren't there.  If the guy was so fucking defenseless how was he able to steal the taser in the first place? You most likely have never been in a situation like that where you were forced to make a split second life or death decision. You sit in your liberal progressive ivory tower and make  moralistic judgments about other people's behavior, but if you were ever put in that policeman's situation you would most likely shit your pants and cry for your mommy.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

Hi Ridge, I guess when he said it was a deadly weapon, he meant an Officer using on a civilian. Now that its used on a cop its now they to make it sounds like its a toy and should be totally dismissed as a reason to shoot someone. 

Eactly. And also because the DA is a totally incompetent corrupt political hack who is up for reelection in November. If Brooks had shot and killed the cop the DA would have probably ruled the shooting self defense and Alladino would have wholeheartedly agreed with the DA.

Watching all these phony corporate leaders trying to show how woke they are by donating money and paying lip service to BLM is laughable.  If they really cared about Black lives they would close their cheap labor exploiting factories in China and relocate the factories in America's inner cities.:angry:

3 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

I don't drink.:tongue:

You should Ridge...No offence mate, but you need to lighten up a little. I'm assuming you have a sense of humour, but you keep it well hidden...I know BLM is a serious topic, but there are plenty of other threads to run riot on and have us rolling in the aisles...😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2