Carla & Yanai General Chat 2020 #5 July

6 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

One thing I can say after working for the company ABENGOA (Spanish Based out of Madrid) for 4 and 1/2 years.... The Spaniards are stubborn bunch.

So you live in Spain? I didn't know that. I thought you were somewhere where they speak English.

1 minute ago, corvette84 said:

So you live in Spain? I didn't know that. I thought you were somewhere where they speak English.

No I am in the US, South Central part. Abengoa was a green energy company that went bankrupt when the government subsidies and low and no interest loans came due. I helped build the world first 2nd generation ethanol plant, cellulosic fiber from corn stalks, wheat stalks, and native switch grass. I also worked on a couple very large solar power plants, one in Arizona, and one in California. I did get to go to Spain for about 2 months. Incredibly beautiful country with magnificent architecture, been to Salamanca, Cartagena, Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, and Ibiza for a long weekend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thestarider said:

No I am in the US, South Central part. Abengoa was a green energy company that went bankrupt when the government subsidies and low and no interest loans came due. I helped build the world first 2nd generation ethanol plant, cellulosic fiber from corn stalks, wheat stalks, and native switch grass. I also worked on a couple very large solar power plants, one in Arizona, and one in California. I did get to go to Spain for about 2 months. Incredibly beautiful country with magnificent architecture, been to Salamanca, Cartagena, Madrid, Valencia, Barcelona, and Ibiza for a long weekend.

Holy shit, you got around. I've only been to a few states in the US. I live in Mass, which sucks right now.

8 minutes ago, corvette84 said:

Holy shit, you got around. I've only been to a few states in the US. I live in Mass, which sucks right now.

Yes, It was fun while it lasted, I also went to San Paulo, Brazil, and to Puerto Montt, and Castro, Chile. All these travels were on Abengoa's dime. Start up and commissioning alternative energy power plants.