US General Domestic Politics #9 Begin 10/01/20

1 hour ago, StnCld316 said:

Maybe they may not even have the debate at all.  After all debates are not really actually required.  

That would be perfect for Biden since he hardly ever campaigns, he takes very few questions from the media at news conferences, and now no debate. He'll be the first presidential candidate in history to never tell voters what he plans on doing if he is elected. His whole campaign seems to be, 'Donald Trump is a terrible person , so vote for me.'  Or like he said when asked if he planned to pack the Court, 'I'll tell you after the election.'   

8 hours ago, Alladino said:
WWW.THEVERGE.COM

The two-year charade that upended people’s lives

WWW.FACTCHECK.ORG

President Obama exaggerated when defending his administration's approval of a $535 million loan guarantee to Solyndra, a now-defunct solar company. Obama referred to Solyndra's loan at an Oct. 6 press...
FREEBEACON.COM

The U.S. Department of Energy on Thursday announced that it had recovered some $200 million in taxpayer dollars loaned to a failed solar energy startup by the Obama administration.

1 hour ago, happyone said:
WWW.FACTCHECK.ORG

President Obama exaggerated when defending his administration's approval of a $535 million loan guarantee to Solyndra, a now-defunct solar company. Obama referred to Solyndra's loan at an Oct. 6 press...
FREEBEACON.COM

The U.S. Department of Energy on Thursday announced that it had recovered some $200 million in taxpayer dollars loaned to a failed solar energy startup by the Obama administration.

Spanish solar energy firm Abengoa facing $29.6 billion bankruptcy WELL this is awkward. As climate enthusiasts meet in Paris, one of the world’s largest renewable energy firms is facing a record collapse. 

A renewable energy company personally picked by US President Barack Obama is on the verge of collapse, potentially leaving international banks on the hook for around $29.6 billion.

Abengoa, a Spanish solar energy firm which has received $3.74 billion in loans from the US government since 2010 to construct several large-scale solar projects, looks set to become the largest bankruptcy in Spanish history.

On Friday, Abengoa said its chief executive Santiago Seage had resigned as the company announced the start of insolvency proceedings. It came just as President Obama was preparing to travel to Paris for the COP 21 Climate Change Summit. 

When you have a company that is based on subsidies, it is no surprise they run into financial trouble because their business model isn’t based on economics; it’s based on politics,” said Mr Simmons.

“The government money fuelled Abengoa’s growth. They fuelled their desire to take on more debt. It’s now obvious they have a very serious debt problem.

“What is troubling is that if there are large projects that private-sector people think they’ll be able to make money on, there’s no need to take those projects to a government. That’s where these projects go wrong: thinking governments will necessarily make good investment decisions.” 

POSTED BY: FERNANDO BARCIELA 30TH NOVEMBER 2015

Fernando Barciela | Throughout this current year, 99 companies across the world have defaulted, the second highest figure in the decade after the 2009 crisis, according to S&P. Spanish firm Abengoa could be added to the list.

13 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

That would be perfect for Biden since he hardly ever campaigns, he takes very few questions from the media at news conferences, and now no debate. He'll be the first presidential candidate in history to never tell voters what he plans on doing if he is elected. His whole campaign seems to be, 'Donald Trump is a terrible person , so vote for me.'  Or like he said when asked if he planned to pack the Court, 'I'll tell you after the election.'   

And yet Biden is so far pounding Trump's ass.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

He has laid out plan after plan after plan.  Remove your brain from Trump's rectum and you'll see.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, golfer06 said:
WWW.ALTERNET.ORG

Tom Michels worked 31 years at LTV's iron ore mine in northern Minnesota—and had already started making retirement plans—when the company's bankruptcy wiped out his job and most of his...

Trump's a huge dick, which makes his supporters huge dicks.  Birds of racist, sexist, lying, conspiracy theory, Qanon feather.

• Like 1