Building a stick!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a tuned directional antenna with a built in pre-selector.

If it is an antenna, it is an omni-directional antenna.

Directional antenna require a center receiver if round and should be dished to focus the signal.

I have also seen them made out of Pringle cans, but are more commonly the Yagi type.

It is most certainly bi-directional, exhibits lobes like a dipole. The diameter dictates that is it intended to receive HF and not anything above 30 MHZ. A quick Google search for Mag Loop Antenna could have saved you some embarrassment. Obviously what you know about Radio is relegated to WIFI related devices and not Shortwave.

Obviously what you know about Radio is relegated to WIFI related devices and not Shortwave.

You could have saved yourself the embarrassment and not come charging in like you know it all.

We were guessing it's purpose, the antenna I described are not just used for radio but multi purpose. Directional antennae are used also for picking up Television broadcasts.

Shortwave antenna do not necessarily have to be a loop, they can be as simple as a  single wire suspended between two objects.

This is the actual device he is trying to construct:

loop_zps98825ce2.jpg

post-25615-145739611933_thumb.jpg

Can't he just buy a shortwave radio if he wants to listen in?

They are freely available here and not that expensive either.

Even a CB radio or Scanner should do the trick.

He does not work so likely can't afford to buy it unless he floats a loan from Leora.Then has to pay it back with his 3 minute episodes.

Obviously what you know about Radio is relegated to WIFI related devices and not Shortwave.

You could have saved yourself the embarrassment and not come charging in like you know it all.

We were guessing it's purpose, the antenna I described are not just used for radio but multi purpose. Directional antennae are used also for picking up Television broadcasts.

Shortwave antenna do not necessarily have to be a loop, they can be as simple as a  single wire suspended between two objects.

This is the actual device he is trying to construct:

loop_zps98825ce2.jpg

Early this winter when Paul wasn't building a stick, back in those days he just settled for such a wire. I think we all remember that old lien he had hanging cross the livingroom.

If I understood things straight, Russia is quite a large country. There might be radiostations that are really hard to tune in to, perhaps he grew up in another part of the country and just wants to listen to sports from home...

But an antenna for radio purpouses, no doubt!

This is really Magnetic Loop Antenna. Paul made it for 3,5MHz band. He is skilled. He use his own SSB receiver what build himself. He would be a ham-radio operator in the future. Paul live in very noisy enviroment so need quiet antenna. Leora is a great girl, she want to help him with his hobby. She really love him and he she too. Dont wait guys that they will have every day sex. Live is not only about sex. Everyone need some hobby...

• 2 weeks later...