Hope & Yan, Lola & Otto (2021) Part #1

ed2

On 3/11/2021 at 4:03 AM, fornika said:

Don't sweat it.

Thanks though!

Yesterday I only posted full size photos with visible dates. Unfortunately, as you can see, some pictures look very bad.
I think I have found a good compromise: when I publish a series of pictures, the first will be in full format. In this way, even if the time does not appear on the other pictures, you can know when the activity started.
What do you think about it ?

Ciao

• Upvote 1

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/11/2021 at 12:53 AM, letsdothis said:

That reduction in size is only for that first, preview image. Once you click on the image a couple of times, you will see it at its actual size.

And, it wasn't CC's idea to reduce the size of the previews in order to include another column. That was a feature added by the software developer.

As for the date, you could crop it out of the original image and drop it back into your cropped/enlarged version, similar to how you sometimes reinsert the VHTV watermark.

Thanks for the advices @letsdothis.
It is true that if you click twice the picture is enlarged to its original size but it still shows you the image you have saved. If I have not saved a zoomed image, in many cases you will not see the details that interest the Voyeurs.
Below you can see, as an example, 2 pictures of the same subject (Joanna): the first is in original format and the second is enlarged. Even if you click twice, the result does not change: the second one looks better than the first.

Ciao, have a nice day.

JO1.thumb.jpg.13d1188671e794db1ba7d39cd4c2282a.jpg

JO2.jpg.c76caf3ad192ab9ba731b85dc8ac7e61.jpg

1 hour ago, budda said:

Yesterday I only posted full size photos

And, they were INFINITELY better than those cropped down, over enlarged, preview sized pics you normally post. You were such a better poster when you used to post full sized pics. JMHO.

1 hour ago, letsdothis said:

And, they were INFINITELY better than those cropped down, over enlarged, preview sized pics you normally post. You were such a better poster when you used to post full sized pics. JMHO.

I'm confused. Someone prefers enlarged photos and compliments me and someone - like you - prefers "natural" ones. I will try to use the zoom only when necessary.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, budda said:

I'm confused. Someone prefers enlarged photos and compliments me and someone - like you - prefers "natural" ones. I will try to use the zoom only when necessary.

No, you don't understand, Budda. I'm not against zooming or enlarging, at all. In fact, I enlarge almost every single image I download. at least 99% of them, right on the screen before I download it. What I'm not a fan of are the physical dimensions—resolution—of what you post. Let me explain.

The trend these days is to larger screens; 32", 36", etc. I don't even know all the sizes because I can never have a larger screen. I'm stuck with a tiny, little 17.3" screen. That's not a lot of screen real estate. So, I don't think it's asking too much that the pics I deem worthy of downloading, fill my tiny 17.3" screen, or, at least, 95% of it.

Actually, to call your images enlargements is not an accurate description. Enlarging something means to make it bigger. What you do actually makes them smaller.

What you post barely covers 25% of my screen, sometimes a bit more, if you have to extend your crop to the left to get everything in the shot. And, because they're so small and you've zoomed in on them usually to the tipping point to start with, getting any kind of enlargement past what you've already done is virtually impossible.

Trying to go even one step further with enlarging almost always causes a blurry, out of focus image, with lots of added noise. And, because a lot of your shots are taken in low light anyway (not your fault), they're already full of noise, to begin with.

With an actual-size image, as long as it's not from a phone or a tablet, I can enlarge that 2-4 steps (not 2X-4X), 4 steps being 50% bigger—or more, if necessary—and end up with an image that fills my screen, with much better quality and the detail you speak of. And, I'm doing it right on the screen before I even download the picture. Simplicity itself.

And, anyone can do this. It's a product of Windows, or, at least, Windows 10. I've used only Win 10 for the last 3-4 years, maybe more. I wasn't doing this when I used Win 7, but it would probably work in that OS, too. It would almost be harder to roll off a floating log than to do what I just described.

And, on top of that, I know all the extra work you're going through before you post those cropped and zoomed images. It's not insignificant.

Someone posted last night that you must be a photographer, like him. I don't know if that's true, but I am a photographer. I started decades ago with 35 mm film and on into the digital age. I never went anywhere without a camera on my shoulder, and often a bag full of cameras, lenses, film, tripods, etc. I even sold cameras and other photographic equipment. I can't do that any longer—photography—but I keep my hand in it with photo and video editing.

PS Don't view a pic or video past its actual resolution. That's the #1 way to cause pixelation.

13 hours ago, letsdothis said:

No, you don't understand, Budda. I'm not against zooming or enlarging, at all. In fact, I enlarge almost every single image I download. at least 99% of them, right on the screen before I download it. What I'm not a fan of are the physical dimensions—resolution—of what you post. Let me explain.

The trend these days is to larger screens; 32", 36", etc. I don't even know all the sizes because I can never have a larger screen. I'm stuck with a tiny, little 17.3" screen. That's not a lot of screen real estate. So, I don't think it's asking too much that the pics I deem worthy of downloading, fill my tiny 17.3" screen, or, at least, 95% of it.

Actually, to call your images enlargements is not an accurate description. Enlarging something means to make it bigger. What you do actually makes them smaller.

What you post barely covers 25% of my screen, sometimes a bit more, if you have to extend your crop to the left to get everything in the shot. And, because they're so small and you've zoomed in on them usually to the tipping point to start with, getting any kind of enlargement past what you've already done is virtually impossible.

Trying to go even one step further with enlarging almost always causes a blurry, out of focus image, with lots of added noise. And, because a lot of your shots are taken in low light anyway (not your fault), they're already full of noise, to begin with.

With an actual-size image, as long as it's not from a phone or a tablet, I can enlarge that 2-4 steps (not 2X-4X), 4 steps being 50% bigger—or more, if necessary—and end up with an image that fills my screen, with much better quality and the detail you speak of. And, I'm doing it right on the screen before I even download the picture. Simplicity itself.

And, anyone can do this. It's a product of Windows, or, at least, Windows 10. I've used only Win 10 for the last 3-4 years, maybe more. I wasn't doing this when I used Win 7, but it would probably work in that OS, too. It would almost be harder to roll off a floating log than to do what I just described.

And, on top of that, I know all the extra work you're going through before you post those cropped and zoomed images. It's not insignificant.

Someone posted last night that you must be a photographer, like him. I don't know if that's true, but I am a photographer. I started decades ago with 35 mm film and on into the digital age. I never went anywhere without a camera on my shoulder, and often a bag full of cameras, lenses, film, tripods, etc. I even sold cameras and other photographic equipment. I can't do that any longer—photography—but I keep my hand in it with photo and video editing.

PS Don't view a pic or video past its actual resolution. That's the #1 way to cause pixelation.

I missed my Vocation. Shoulda taken photography in College.

I need a drink after reading all that. 😅.

• Haha 1